Sign in to follow this  
Olympian2004

Glitches during Olympic ceremonies

The Sydney 2000 Opening Ceremony started almost a disaster. During one of the rehearsals, the G’Day banner broke 

• Like 1

Also on the night of the first dress rehearsal, the “swimmers” on the wires during Deep Sea Dreaming failed to go up. 

• Like 1

Huh.  Ric Birch never mentioned those dress rehearsal glitches in his book -- understandably.  It was a super-complicated show. Thanks for sharing those bits, Big Vic.

9 hours ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Huh.  Ric Birch never mentioned those dress rehearsal glitches in his book -- understandably.  It was a super-complicated show

There was a special on Channel 7 last night showing a replay of the Ceremony interviews of performers from that evening. 

Having watched the behind the scenes overview of the Sydney 2000 Opening Ceremony, I actually liked the design of the stadium back then compared to now. 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/50/44/ea/5044ea68a0bb29db59037f3a937652cc.png

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PikyoK said:

Having watched the behind the scenes overview of the Sydney 2000 Opening Ceremony, I actually liked the design of the stadium back then compared to now. 

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/50/44/ea/5044ea68a0bb29db59037f3a937652cc.png

I find it funny looking at that stadium- it doesnt look THAT big- but it held 115,000! Looks smaller than the LA Colliseum or Birds Nest for example, but held a lot more people. Was an amazing venue during the Games...