Football in 2016

Don't know if I can gratulate them. Hard fought game with a deserved winner but the audience behaviour over the last 2 weeks pissed me off so much that I can't really be happy for them in any way. And I have brazilian relatives. 

• Like 2

As a Germany supporter, I suppose I take consolation in the womern's gold (even if it was against my other team Sweden).

Really can't begrudge Brazil this win. Finally, a football gold. And at home. The one they really, really wanted from these games. Just right they got a huge moment to I celebrate from Rio 2016. Congrats big time Brazil!

And can't help but feel but good that this is one in the face for all those who have been delighting an any bit of Brazilian schadenfreude they could dredge up over the past two weeks. And then they call Brazilians the boors.

Edited by Sir Rols
  • Like 1

Uh uh Neymar has a '100%  Jesus' headband on his forehead on the podium during the medal ceremony, the IOC will not like it...

Now will they put that on the organizers for letting it pass or on Neymar ?

Edited by hektor

On 19/08/2016 at 3:17 PM, LatinXTC said:

Yay another medal loss for Brazil!!! Now the Germans need to do their part and hand a loss and a silver medal to the men's team!!!

It's so fun to make this quote :D

2823181_big-lnd.jpg

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, brasilolimpico said:

It was amazing!

I live in a small town in the state of Parana with 8,000 residents .

The streets were empty during the game , all at home watching on TV .

After the penalty from Neymar I could see and hear the fireworks fired by people in various parts of the city.

It was the most watched event on TV since 2002 FIFA WC Final :o 

1 minute ago, LatinXTC said:

How awful that Brazil won. I wanted them to lose the one sport that mattered most to them, the way Russia did for hockey lol

:angry:

Couldn't help yourself could you?

Tell me, why is that not as boorish as the behaviours of the Brazilian crowds you say you so despise? Why would it have been good for an Olympic host to be denied the moment of sheer Olympic joy they so longed for? 

16 minutes ago, Sir Rols said:

:angry:

Couldn't help yourself could you?

Tell me, why is that not as boorish as the behaviours of the Brazilian crowds you say you so despise? Why would it have been good for an Olympic host to be denied the moment of sheer Olympic joy they so longed for? 

I know, right! She's such a twat! <_<

• Like 1

I would support Brazil more if it wasn't for the fact their crowd have been an unbearable pain in the ass during all of these Olympics. Still, congratulations on beating Germany. I guess this is payback for the 7-1 or whatever.