America's Cup 2013  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Louis Vuitton Challenger Series?

• Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA
  2. 2. Who will Defend?

• Oracle Team USA, 'Team Ainslie', USA
    • Oracle Team USA, 'Team Spithall', USA
  3. 3. Who will Win America's Cup 2013?

• Oracle Team USA, USA
    • Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a neat wee New Zealand Americas Cup tribute made by NZ's Virtual Eye, the video is billed as being from *the nation born from sailors to the best sailors of the world* - Kia Kaha San Francisc

It only stung for a quick moment before we realised we really were taking on a computer controlled monster. I'm still impressed at the leap Oracle took within a fortnight into a higher level of techno

I have been very proud of New Zealands reaction to the loss. There might be a glimmer of hope that we will challenge again! I have my fingers crossed.

Stop that, it's a beautiful day today and the last thing we need is more money poured down the drain in SF! You know better than most that these top level glamour events are a part of the culture and nobody would benefit at the bottom if they disappeared. If Larry has the cash to burn then so be it, he earned it. I'm excited to see him defend the home court.

• Like 1

I feel for the citizens of San Fran.

This event was suppose to be a highlight for the summer. Instead it became a farce.

If Oracle can hold on to it then the next Cup will be in 2015, this time with the affordable AC45s.

NZ could only host it in early 2016 so as not to clash with the Olympic program. Other than that, 2017.

As much as I think the 72s are so cutting edge...they are just too hot to handle and as Artemus found out the hard way, you need at least two years to practise sailing skills on them.

I think so.

There is a place of course for these machines, but for the Americas Cup, Im quite happy to revert back, especially if it means we go back to having more teams getting to the finish line.

Assuming Team NZ make it through to the Cup, it is looking like a 50/50 bet as to who will come out as the victor between them and Oracle.

For the hope of the cup, and purely as a patriotic Kiwi, of course Im hoping it's Aotearoa.

Alex, Not wanting to jinx the challenge, but I'd be interested to hear what you think will happen in terms of how Auckland would host the Cup. The 2000 event obviously was the catalyst for the Viaduct Basin, the RWC the thing that pushed North Wharf along.

Now that much of the Am Cup infrastructure has been dismantled at the Viaduct, where next in Auckland as a potential new cup hub.

I think so.

There is a place of course for these machines, but for the Americas Cup, Im quite happy to revert back, especially if it means we go back to having more teams getting to the finish line.

Assuming Team NZ make it through to the Cup, it is looking like a 50/50 bet as to who will come out as the victor between them and Oracle.

For the hope of the cup, and purely as a patriotic Kiwi, of course Im hoping it's Aotearoa.

Alex, Not wanting to jinx the challenge, but I'd be interested to hear what you think will happen in terms of how Auckland would host the Cup. The 2000 event obviously was the catalyst for the Viaduct Basin, the RWC the thing that pushed North Wharf along.

Now that much of the Am Cup infrastructure has been dismantled at the Viaduct, where next in Auckland as a potential new cup hub.

Not to Jinx the future, Wynard Pt or Tank farm/ Westhaven?

The era of massive facilities of the monohull cup are over. AC45s are simpler to manage and temporary structures for bases are all thats needed.

LV Finals racing...

Race six today...just the one, getting ready to go.

Team NZ lead 4-1 over Luna Rossa.

One thing about watching this on TV is now I want a Nespresso machine...the one that has the milk frother on it.

Anyway prestart now begins....Team NZ away, and leading.

Foiling upwind to the top mark with ease, turning and heading down to home.

Edited by Alexjc

So Team NZ goes 5-1 up...if anyone knows the history of NZ in the LV Cup, this is where the mind games use to trip us up.

Tomorrow's weather looks to be fresh and scary! Luna Rossa needs to give it their all.

Team NZ will most likely wrap it up, weather permitting....It's a two race day.

.....you guys are crazy...it is so cool down here! Prada and both Oracle boats just pased me!!! So exciting! :)

Huh?

Both teams all hanging out with family and friends in the park, everybody just partying. Lots of Italians, Luna Rosas guys are so cool in the silver gear. They might be trailing in the water but they own the park.

Boats head to the start, Luna Rossa has the crowd, they tip the boat on foil to the crowd on the way out......class act the Italian boat, NZ is all business no heart. Oracle takes their practice..... the lurking giant.....can anyone touch them.....I wanna be her next time as we built the legacy in SF.

Boats head to the start, Luna Rossa has the crowd, they tip the boat on foil to the crowd on the way out......class act the Italian boat, NZ is all business no heart. Oracle takes their practice..... the lurking giant.....can anyone touch them.....I wanna be her next time as we built the legacy in SF.

Prehaps Luna Rossa should've been a little more serious...This isn't a jaunt out in the habour, this is top end racing.

However it looks like we may not get away today...If we get race one started, both yachts need to be on the second leg to allow the race to continue...should happen.

Race two looks like it will not happen, we are on the cancel limit already.

Team New Zealand on Match Point! 6-1

Oh Luna Rossa, nearly two minutes behind.

Now we wait and see if we get Race 8 underway, surprisingly looking good.

Emerates will be crushed!

Oracle does not scare "Emirates" Team New Zealand...and once again you have proven the US education system is flawed with your spelling.

Wind approaching limit for Race 8.

We wait with baited breath...ten minutes to go....

And now we are delayed...which means we are probably going to call it off.

This is one of the big let downs of the LV Cup finals. The wind limit is too low...Artemus' legacy.

And we are finished for the day...

This is bloody annoying...add yet another point on the negative side of of the pluses v minuses of this farcical event so far...

Edited by Alexjc

Oracle does not scare "Emirates" Team New Zealand...and once again you have proven the US education system is flawed with your spelling.

buzzed typing you know the routine. sorry I reacted to your insult. Good luck.

Edited by paul

One more race for Team New Zealand and then we will be into the Americas Cup. It will be interesting.

Gotta feel for Luna Rossa though...they really do try their best, but they are just too slow in their tactics. The boat is fast but its all about crew work...This is the absolute edge of the yachting world, there is nothing out there in front of the Americas Cup. Even the Volvo Around the World takes its cue from technology gained in this event.