America's Cup 2013  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Louis Vuitton Challenger Series?

• Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA
  2. 2. Who will Defend?

• Oracle Team USA, 'Team Ainslie', USA
    • Oracle Team USA, 'Team Spithall', USA
  3. 3. Who will Win America's Cup 2013?

• Oracle Team USA, USA
    • Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a neat wee New Zealand Americas Cup tribute made by NZ's Virtual Eye, the video is billed as being from *the nation born from sailors to the best sailors of the world* - Kia Kaha San Francisc

It only stung for a quick moment before we realised we really were taking on a computer controlled monster. I'm still impressed at the leap Oracle took within a fortnight into a higher level of techno

I have been very proud of New Zealands reaction to the loss. There might be a glimmer of hope that we will challenge again! I have my fingers crossed.

Y not? Your guys pulled that HORRIBLE, distasteful Hakka sh*t on our piers.

I mean pls keep that schitcik to your shores. It is so declasse. ;)

Yeah well the rest of the world has to put up with your gun worshipping, warmongering, massacre enjoying, and morbid obesity culture...hence the reason why there are no Americans on your New Zealand built boat, you'd sink it! :P

• Like 1

Do you think the facility will move back to the US if NZ wins.....I read that, which would be bad as the main employer of the town.

I thought it was the other way round? This facility was built when the $US exchange rate was favourable.

It would be sad to see it go, its an amazing place...apparently there's stuff on CAD that the military would love to have.

And yachts that could replace the AC72s in the next cup which will drive the cost down. We have to agree the smaller AC 45s were too small for this event, but not the global circuit. Welcome the AC60s...

• Like 1

Killed 2 more chickens last night to ensure an Oracle victory!!

Well I killed 3 sheep to ensure a Kiwi win...SO THERE!!! :P:lol::P Goo luck to both boats though, how much experience is this for SF for a potential Olympic bid?

:lol: NUT JOBS ON GB WE REGULARS ARE ALL!!!

Truly what a great emotional roller coaster ride this has been...Its great to see the teams being egged on but all the supporters pier side. Good to see Kiwis also patting the backs of kiwi sailors of Oracle and James Spithall, sportsmanship all round...

Sometimes they should not bother with the LV Cup...there were really only two and a half teams here...GOOD LUCK ALL and I hope we do it all again sooner rather than later.

Don't believe what's just happened. Possibly the greatest sporting comeback of all time, up there with Europe winning the last Ryder Cup. Do we know when the next one is, & what do you mean by even more futuristic?

As for futuristic...it was those balancing tab system from Boeing that leveled out USA 17...

This is what won the event for Oracle.

Challenger of Record is in acted, but not revealed yet...most likely Artemus Racing.

Sadly, Team NZ will probibly wind up as planned...not enough money....

• Like 1

I am Proud of Team New Zealand! They can hold their heads high as they have represented New Zealand really well. So close but it was just not to be. Oracle had more resources and more money to throw at it. At the end of the day that is always going to be hard to beat!

I really hope we challenge again for the Americas Cup. The country have been taken on a journey! However I am not confident that will happen at the moment.

Kia Kaha Team New Zealand I will wear my Team New Zealand T-Shirt with Pride.

Don't believe what's just happened. Possibly the greatest sporting comeback of all time, up there with Europe winning the last Ryder Cup.
Do we know when the next one is, & what do you mean by even more futuristic?

Its a big comeback - but the extra money and resource that was spent by Oracle won it at the end of the day.

• Like 2

I hope our San Fran GB members are getting sh#tfaced drunk...yeah its upsetting that TEAM NZ was led on by a brilliant Oracle setup...But we must remember that Larry Ellison propped up Team NZ during the dark days of the post 2003 defeat. And he did bring his team to NZ.

2016 is not that far away, I hope sponsors and support is maintained...The current government is still supporting TNZ as it does with the All Blacks. The flow on from this Cup will be on going...Apart from the boringly painful LV Cup, this was the best Americas Cup that I can remember...They need to carry on with the AC 72 class, I'm now convinced they are the way to go. Just need to get the cost down.

:)

• Like 2

Tough result NZ. Commiserations.

I know it hurts, but jeez Oracle's come from behind triumph actually lifted the tournament to one of the great sporting legends now.

Congrats USA.

It only stung for a quick moment before we realised we really were taking on a computer controlled monster. I'm still impressed at the leap Oracle took within a fortnight into a higher level of technology. NZL 5 was already a museum piece out there today.

As for giving the America's Cup a boost, lets hope now that scared off nations will come back and give it a go...Although with only two and a half years to be ready...

• Like 2

Well I killed 3 sheep to ensure a Kiwi win...SO THERE!!! :P:lol::P Goo luck to both boats though, how much experience is this for SF for a potential Olympic bid?

SHEEP KILLER!! Calling PETA!!

Ha! I will send the bill for 2 chickens to Larry Ellison!!

@the Kiwis -- get rid of that Hakka. Such a shame to see grown men sticking their tongues out! Sheesh!!

Edited by baron-pierreIV

Well baron, it's not all bad, 3 sheep = 12 legs of lamb = lots of mint sauce, so at least nothing's wasted. If you're nice, I might even PM you some * legs of lamb, plus any other bits I don't have a use for. :lol::P:lol:

*imaginary, not real sheep lol

• Like 1

Thought you didn't like Larry Ellison ...Baron? As mentioned earlier in this thread.

Apparently, I misjudged him. But that doesn't take away from the fact that the Cup stays here, and I hope the city that I like, SF, gets its investment back for another run. That is the bigger perk I would like to see happen.