America's Cup 2013  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Louis Vuitton Challenger Series?

• Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA
  2. 2. Who will Defend?

• Oracle Team USA, 'Team Ainslie', USA
    • Oracle Team USA, 'Team Spithall', USA
  3. 3. Who will Win America's Cup 2013?

• Oracle Team USA, USA
    • Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Equal drag race to the finish...the closest race so far. Mk 4 approaching...both boats flooring it.

Only nerves can fail now.

Woooohoooo! They are flooring it!

Go Team NZ!!!

What a nerve wracking weekend of racing!!

The swing is still with Oracle, a very good weekend for them. They also had the weather conditions that they judged perfectly by having the correct foils and rudders fitted...making for a very fast boat. Tuesday onward is calmer conditions but the tide flow will make for more tight racing.

Alex, is that the cardboard cathedral on your avatar, it's a lovely looking building whatever it is.

No, its the proposed NEW cathedral built over, and including, relics of the old cathedrals ruins.

Very striking with an even higher naive.

The cardboard cathedral is on Latimer Square, looks cool, but very temporary.

The diaocese want a start on the main cathedral next year, finished by 2020.

What a nerve wracking weekend of racing!!

The swing is still with Oracle, a very good weekend for them. They also had the weather conditions that they judged perfectly by having the correct foils and rudders fitted...making for a very fast boat. Tuesday onward is calmer conditions but the tide flow will make for more tight racing.

Wow what a second race today. Am more relieved than anything that Team New Zealand won. Another win there by Oracle and we would have really been on the back foot. The stronger wind really seems to favour Oracle and they have got their act together. But is it too little too late? THey need to win 8 and we need to win 2 races.

The wind will be less on Tuesday so we will be in other conditions. Oracle need to sweep the next two race days I feel. If Team New Zealand can get a win then it will be good. But at the end of the day it is not over until one team wins 9 races. I still think I would prefer to be in New Zealands position. But I am worried.

GO TEAM NEW ZEALAND!

You know, I've seen NZ challenges come undone under high pressure situations. In 1992, 2003, and a lesser extent 1987. Also come from behind history, remember the historical 1983 epoch come from behind by Australia III.

If America's Cup is the sharp end of yachting, then the next handfull of races are the tip of pressure

A nation will sleep uneasy this week.

And now the Silly season begins...

A conspiracy theory now doing the rounds is that Oracle is swapping boats to suit weather conditions. And they pulled the posponment card because they knew the rough weather and tide turn was comming.

I doubt it, but we need to remember that Oracle does have near unlimited resources in developing these amazing yachts.

Weather wise, tomorrows racing will be just as rough with the wind and tide state working against each other.

Even potentional for both races cancelled...Everyday is now a race day untill the first yacht wins nine races.

Good sailing tomorrow if it goes up..hoping the home team can meet the amazing challenge and stretch our summer.....been a great show the last few days...lets keep the fun going. I'm hoping for delays, will be back in the city Sunday, would love to see more live sailing...it's a ways off but I'm keeping fingers crossed for a few things.

GMR_AC34SepD14_2365-780x519.jpeg

RP_AC34SepD11_1434-780x519.jpeg

AK_AC34SepD14_4361-780x519.jpeg

GB_AC34_SepD13_5602-780x519.jpg

RP_AC34SepD14_9966-780x520.jpg

GMR_AC34SepD14_2440-780x519.jpg

GMR_AC34SepD14_2410-780x520.jpg

GMR_AC34SepD12_2106-780x519.jpg

AK_AC34SepD13_3491-780x519.jpg

GMR_AC34SepD12_1897-780x519.jpg

GMR_AC34SepD12_1987-780x519.jpg

2013-Americas-Cup-in-San-Francisco1.jpg

:( Conditions are already past the point of cancellation...the wind is in the mid 20s and the tide is at its strongest. I' m not counting on racing today...tomorrow looks good though.

Well they're out there waiting...two delays so far...IAIN MURRAY, race director looking to delay for another half hour, allowing two more resets, and that will be it for the day.

It really is rough out there.

pack it up, wish teams could agree on higher wind limits

Both teams would, but the Cup committee needs to ratify it, and the US Coast Guard has to approve as they have to work out safety issues etc...Both teams couldnt care less, they just wanna get out there and race.

Here's a neat wee New Zealand Americas Cup tribute made by NZ's Virtual Eye, the video is billed as being from *the nation born from sailors to the best sailors of the world* - Kia Kaha San Francisco.

Includes the Maori legend of NZ being fished up, through to SF.

Quite impressive.

Archived