America's Cup 2013  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Louis Vuitton Challenger Series?

• Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA
  2. 2. Who will Defend?

• Oracle Team USA, 'Team Ainslie', USA
    • Oracle Team USA, 'Team Spithall', USA
  3. 3. Who will Win America's Cup 2013?

• Oracle Team USA, USA
    • Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA

RACE 9 CANCELLED!!!

Too windy, just as they were cranking up a good match.

It happens!!!

But very much Oracles day!

Tomorrows not looking good either...weather wise that is.

IT'S FAR FROM OVER!!!

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Team NZ fans, lets not get ahead of ourselves with Auckland redevelopment just yet.

This will quiet down all the boasters (me being one of them)...had've the boat toppled the other way in race 8, the Americas Cup dream would be over just like that! And it would be a dark day in NZ sport.

Team NZ fans, lets not get ahead of ourselves with Auckland redevelopment just yet.

This will quiet down all the boasters (me being one of them)...had've the boat toppled the other way in race 8, the Americas Cup dream would be over just like that! And it would be a dark day in NZ sport.

Speaking of dark, I do wonder how close we where from having another America's Cup fatality today...

Speaking of dark, I do wonder how close we where from having another America's Cup fatality today...

Slim....these sailors have been trained to cope and if you go on the Cups offical site you will see all the personal survival equipment they carry.

Also the way the boat toppled, if it had gone right over, would have not hindered escape. It was travelling slowly at the time and the current help pull it back right side up...phewww.

:)

That was a tough day of watching. Team New Zealand very lucky to not capsize and wreck the boat. They were in a tough spot in that upwind leg, which shows Oracle have made improvements in their speed. We were looking better in race 2 and were in quite a good position when the race was called off. We were racing at 30 knots up wind.

I am nervous! Tomorrow will be a crucial day. Wind will be up again! Scary times ahead really. New Zealand need to pull off a win in the first race tomorrow.

They now know why the boat DIDN'T topple over....The Crew stayed on board and followed the skippers orders to keep pumping up the hydrulics. It is still safe to stay on board in this situation. Team NZ simply didn't have enough power pumped into the wing in time to swing the moving surface around in time. An error that nearly cost a couple of races.

Apparently Oracle's crew momentarly prepared to act as a rescue team if the worst had happened.

Team NZ would have done the same if the other way round.

How big is the America's Cup in NZ?

I've nary heard a word about it here.

True that...It barely gets a mention outside of the SF habour area.

In NZ its only big because NZs 26 year history in the event, and the anomaly of having a national team unlike others that are backed by billionaires. NZs interest would end in this regatta if Team NZ fails, this is its last chance.

We have Chris Dickson as part of our TV crew, gosh his eyes still freak me out, the most aggro NZ yachtie ever.

Race 9 likely but dont count on race 10 happening.

Pre start underway...lets hope we go racing.

Good Oracle conditions again...

Away we go...

Good start by Oracle.

Mk 2 Oracle around first with a good speed buffer.

Upwind leg. Good taching by Oracle, Team NZ working hard.

Oracle powering away, big lead...it was the start that did it.

Looks like Oracle have finally found its niche...Good work...Team NZ have no answers.

First registered win by Oracle...they are on the positive side of the ledger.

Good work Oracle...very much a different boat and crew! The power of a Billionaire and his resources.

Now lets see if we get Race 10.

Also the sea condition really suit Oracle...

For the first time pressure is on Team NZ...what can they do?.

At least tomorrow is a rest day, they'll be working on the boat.

Race 10 pre start...please give us a race.

Here we go...Oracle great start!

Both boats flooring it...super fast.

The need to get to the middle of leg two to prevent cancellation.

Go for it both teams. Need to move it!

Archived