America's Cup 2013  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Louis Vuitton Challenger Series?

• Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA
  2. 2. Who will Defend?

• Oracle Team USA, 'Team Ainslie', USA
    • Oracle Team USA, 'Team Spithall', USA
  3. 3. Who will Win America's Cup 2013?

• Oracle Team USA, USA
    • Artemus Racing, SWE
    • Emirates Team New Zealand, NZL
    • Luna Rossa Challenge 2013, ITA

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<_< You do realize that Luna Rosa's Cats are just 'Clones' of ETNZ's molds...They were all built in the same yard. Chrome may be 'flash' but Black means speed!

(Amidala's royal spaceship is pretty cool by the way...that, and Darth Maul the only things decent in EP1)

The next rave for team New Zealand is tomorrow against Italy. I can't see the result being any different than yesterday. The big question is how good is oracle

Had Paul Cayard of the Artemus explaining how far away they are from racing, sense of arrogance hiding behind the 'feel sorry for us' attitude...Hope we and Luna Rosa bury them in the farcical Semis next month.

As for Oracle...yeah I'm wondering, but not worried yet. Russell Coutts is as cunning as a fox though...However we are lucky there is no Brad Butterworth out there...We'd be screwed.

:)Another regular broadcast race. ETNZ way out front today at 7m:30s ...

:mellow: It looks like Luna Rossa's rudders striking the floor of the habour on the ebb tide as they headed out to race was a more substantial problem.

Having to quickly turn around, head to base and fit replacements was a distraction.

The debrief media interviews afterwards should reveal more.

Other than that, a good day with two boats out...Luna Rossa will head out on Thursday - BUT will they be alone? :huh: ...Artemus might sneek out and join them? I don't think they want to front up to New Zealand first race.

:)Another regular broadcast race. ETNZ way out front today at 7m:30s ...

:mellow: It looks like Luna Rossa's rudders striking the floor of the habour on the ebb tide as they headed out to race was a more substantial problem.

Having to quickly turn around, head to base and fit replacements was a distraction.

The debrief media interviews afterwards should reveal more.

Other than that, a good day with two boats out...Luna Rossa will head out on Thursday - BUT will they be alone? :huh: ...Artemus might sneek out and join them? I don't think they want to front up to New Zealand first race.

Really one sided race this morning. Its all a bit farcical really.

Really one sided race this morning. Its all a bit farcical really.

Team NZ are going to withdrawl from the next round robin races anyway...may leave Artemus, rightfully, standing at the alter. Let Prada finish them off.

Interesting little info-graphic in the NZ Herald today.

Hmmm, I think this has to be part of the change ..... somehow. I realise that you probably aren't going to be able to be exclusive in only having 1 nationality in each team, but surely there needs to be a quota.

CupGraphic.jpg

Good t see them back on the water. It will be interesting to see how they go.

Yeah it's about time...But as Paul mentioned, how fatigued is the team with above all else, the spectre of tragedy, hanging over them. The Artemus team and officials themselves clearly have underrated this event and the preparation needed for it the mighty AC72s.

Considering this was the team that everyone was to fear, thanks to their brilliant AC45 performances, now I believe that the mental stress the team has been through will be their undoing.

Interesting little info-graphic in the NZ Herald today.

Hmmm, I think this has to be part of the change ..... somehow. I realise that you probably aren't going to be able to be exclusive in only having 1 nationality in each team, but surely there needs to be a quota.

CupGraphic.jpg

<_< Pah! I think we have known for many years that NZ nationals has dominated this event...And when Team NZ infamously broke up in 2001, there was a plan by Russell Coutts to seed the event with Kiwis to create a Formula 1 event with minimal nationality requirements. It's still good for NZ yachting but doesn't reflect on the Olympic course...

Team New Zealand will reinforce the nationality clause to limit teams to 10% foreign crew, still acceptable but also to encourage more 'country' entries like Australia and Great Britain.

:wacko:Luna Rossa's turn to race solo today...build up those points if anything else.

Artemus confirming they will not start until 6 August.

:mellow:Meh! TEAM NZ V LUNA ROSSA...at least the Italians made an effort today, just a 3min delta.

Team NZ can now choose to join the LV semi finals or pass on to the finals as they have qualified maximum points...

Personally I'd like to see Team NZ race only Artemus, mainly to rattle them and pass on Luna Rossa...I gotta feeling this will happen. <_<

All back here on 6 August.

• 2 weeks later...

Semis race 3 ... Luna Rossa well in control of this race.

Artemus working hard but being so far in deficit, simply have too steep a climb.

Luna Rossa over the line, 1m18secs. Unless Artemus can pull off the race of their lives tomorrow, its all over.

Race four Semi Finals...

Luna Rossa v Artemus. It's over right from the start...thanks to two penalties incurred on Artemus within the start box...followed by a third in the final leg. The nerves pretty much shot.

Luna Rossa is looking very slick and this racing will help them as well as Team NZ in the LV Finals next week. Once again another Italy v NZ in Louis Vitton/Americas Cup.

Farewell Artemus, it was just too high a mountain to climb.

Archived