Books

pcelica

Archangel and Fatherland are pretty decent aswell from him.

If you like alternate history WW II books, I can highly recommend Dominion by CJ Sansom.

Actually, while we're on the topic of books, I'll throw out another question: Do members here still read "paper" books, or e-books, or both?

Since I got my first iPad a few years ago, I have not bought any old-style "paper" books - everything I get is e-books now. Just so much cheaper and more convenient. And stopping my place getting cluttered up with piles and piles of old books.

I am not really into reading novels as such. I really like history and reading about events or people. I have always had an interest with Russian History, so i have read a lot of books about Imperial Russia, the revolution and the Soviet Union.

There is a book i would like to read titled 'Hitler's Olympics', i think. Looking at the Berlin 36 games and how it was used as a huge propaganda tool.

In school i enjoyed The Crucible, The Merchant of Venice, The Lord of the Flies.

Oh I'm remember some more :

Dr.Jeckel and mr.Hyde, The Catcher in the Rye, the Little Prince!, And then there were none, A Raisin in the Sun, Role of Thunder Hear my Cry, The Scarlet Letter, Hamlet, Animal Farm, Oedipus Rex.

Honestly I liked very very few, but wer all obligated to go deep in the stories.

I quite liked it, but it wasn't the favourite book/film of my school years. Well, their accents were actually pretty standard American English ones, if I recall correctly. Or was that what was so special for you? I'm used to interviews with movie stars on TV, to CNN and YouTube clips from American TV shows, so American English is not so new to me anymore. ;)

Well, i remember i liked (it was 4 years ago), but don't remember what was special. :D It was funny when they were pronouncing Latin words :D

Wow :o , you must be famous -_-

If you like alternate history WW II books, I can highly recommend Dominion by CJ Sansom.

Actually, while we're on the topic of books, I'll throw out another question: Do members here still read "paper" books, or e-books, or both?

Since I got my first iPad a few years ago, I have not bought any old-style "paper" books - everything I get is e-books now. Just so much cheaper and more convenient. And stopping my place getting cluttered up with piles and piles of old books.

I hate e-books. I like having the physical copy in my hand. I think too much in our society is ephemeral, so I love to hold onto books as a physical thing.

Archived