Sign in to follow this  
GBModerator

PyeongChang 2018 Emblem Unveiling

what time they will revealed the logo tomorrow?

It's Friday 3 May 2013.

the ceremony will start at 15:00 Korea Time.

14:00 Malaysia Time.

06:00 GMT/UTC.

So what does everyone predict? I'm hoping PC follows the path of Vancouver and Sochi and removes itself from the overdone snowflake concept - something I feel somewhat restrains the creativity of winter branding. Will we see a return of the Taegeuk swirl, that featured on the Seoul 1988 logo? Or will it be combined in some sort of cross symbolism with a snowflake, like Calgary did with the maple leaf/snowflake? It wouldn't surprise me if there was some kind of continuity, like there was between Tokyo and Sapporo - even though more recently Sochi doesn't echo Moscow in the slightest.

Quite interesting - only the third ever Asian Winter logo.

I'm crossing my fingers they learned of London/Sochi flops and bring us something good like Rio did.

• Like 1

I'm watching ! So exciting, never really watched a logo unveiling live before. Although I was in London in 2007 when the logo was unveiled, and when half the country apparently collapsed and had a seizure. Keep it classy, Korea.

Edited by runningrings

lol - we had English dubbing when they spoke Korean - and when someone speaks in English, its dubbed over in Korean, so you can't hear a word of what they're saying. Ridiculous error.

"it is very good looking, and very Korean too. It uses the Korean language. To the Korean people, it will be very familiar - to foreigners it will symbolise Winter and the Olympics' (not verbatim)

Whats the bet its the Korean swirl (ala 1988 logo) in snowflake form??

Is that the logo behind the Governor ????

I think its part of it. It looked very distinct. If that is the style, we'll be looking at something minimal, and very unique. and in PASTEL colours?

Haha i Think that IS the logo hanging about - it looks very stick figureish?? hilarious slip up, if thats what I think it is???

OMG they are making this so much more complicated that it needs to be.

THAT IS RIDICULOUS! That gigantic unveiling ceremony coming after seeing the logo already draped in the hall in PyeongChang!! What a hilarious stuff up!

Simple... basic !

It is basic, not sure if it will have the same interchangable value that London and Sochi has (in terms of background), but it is interesting and unique. Thats enough for me.

Is that serious? That looks like something I could create in Photoshop in about 5 minutes. Little too simple, if you ask me.

I will say though, it's great they didn't use a traditional Asian Games style logo.

Font seems abit too basic for my liking, not much room for wordmark usage here

Are they taking the piss?

It's horrible.

I think we should give it time. It is very basic, but there really hasn't been anything like it before. Maybe I'm alone but I instantly liked it.

I will say though, it's great they didn't use a traditional Asian Games style logo.

Font seems abit too basic for my liking, not much room for wordmark usage here

yes, the wordmark needs more of a distinct style.

OMFG, really??!! :blink: A box & an asterick?! Sochi's logo just went up in the winter ranks!

• Like 1

I can see how the logo has potential in being integrated in other aspects of Games design, however, the logo in itself - Im not sold. Would have been nice if the video was translated into English.