2019 FIBA World Cup

Who do you think will host 2019 FIBA World Cup?

Wikipedia says potencial bids are:

After Germany and France withdrew their 4-nations-bid to host the EuroBasket 2015 (together with Italy and Croatia) Ingo Weiss, DBBpresident, announced an interest of France and Germany to host jointly the 2019 FIBA Basketball World Cup.

Only Lithuania has ever qualified for a World Championship, and it hosted EuroBasket 2011. Latvia hosted the EuroBasket Women 2009. However, the previous two world championships were held in European countries.

Puerto Rico, holds the record of hosting the most FIBA Americas Championships, at five, all in San Juan in 1980, 1993, 1999, 2003 and2009.

Of these 3 i would choose Puerto Rico since i don't like joint bids, but still any of candidats didn't impress me.

So could Germany. Puerto Rico just doesn't really have the vast array of big-to-medium sized arenas for it, IMO. Estonia hasn't really qualified for a Eurobasket in recent years. But I'm OK for Latvia and Lithuania doing a joint bid, even though all the Baltic republics are more basketball-mad than much of Europe in many aspects.

Archived