Central American Games San Jose 2013

So this Sunday Central American Games in San Jose will start and as it's being announced it's going to be a great party.

159152_Centroamericanos2.jpg

"Namú" the mascot

The medals

540900_10152616955100051_323194166_n.jpg

Official song: "Arriba Arriba" by Debi Nova

The opening ceremony commercial

OK, I am traveling tomorrow to Costa Rica right know for the games, however an injury in the ingle won't let me compete... But my cousins wil be competing in triathlon, I will keep you updated!

Good luck Costa Rica they will make a great job!

Good luck to Costa Rica :) I hope the games become a great experience and serve San Jose for an eventual Pan Am Games bid (I think Costa Rica is one of the Central American countries with most chances to host it)

Oh, btw, La Fura Dels Baus is going to take part in the opening ceremony (for those who don't know they became famous for the Mediterranean Sea segment at Barcelona '92 olympics). For anyone interested this Youtube channel will apparently livestream the show:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, well done Costa Rica they pulled some surprises in the final standings And I was worried Guatemala may lost the games :lol: El Salvador was very weak in contrast with past editions...

With nothing more to say, some well organized games, it's gonna be hard for Managua to outshine this edition, Costa Rica was perfect! The swimming venue issue was the only bittersweet comment, ceremonies were awesome, nothing Central America haven't seen before.

Archived