Sign in to follow this  
Kenadian

Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

So Oscar Pistorius says that he awoke and feared that someone had broken into his bathroom window. Yeah, right. Didn't you ever ask yourself, Oscar, whether the other side of your bed could be empty and it could be your girlfriend using the toilet? Doesn't one first wake up one's girlfriend to tell her that there's a burglar in the house?

And then you tell us that you screamed at the "burglar" to leave your house. So why didn't your girlfriend simply respond to that then? She could have resolved that misunderstanding, if there had been any.

And I still don't know why you shot that alleged "burglar" not only once but four times.

And don't tell us that you simply were too tired to think far enough to consider all that. You already had gotten up and brought the fan in from your balcony. If anyone is able to think that far, he can't be that tired.

This story really gets worse and worse - first, Pistorius commits such a horrific deed and then he doesn't even admit it but invents such ridiculous stories instead. Killer, liar - and probably even drug cheat. What a steep fall for a former Paralympic icon.

Here are excerpts from Pistorius' affidavit - to which I referred: http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-oscar-pistorius-affadavit-20130219,0,344982.story

Um, ever heard of innocent until proven otherwise?

He says this was an accident, tragic and unintended. So, if the prosecution believes he murdered this woman, they need to prove it.

Hearing evidence at the bail hearing, leaves more questions than answers. And there seems to be lots of inconsistencies with the prosecutions version of events.

I'm not saying Pistorius is innocent, as I don't possess all the facts, but he should be given a fair trial.

Either way, his career is over.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

Absolutely agree Robert. I understand this is a bail hearing only though, but it does feel like a full blown trial.

The magistrate who must determine the outcome.; I do not envy his situation.

This is becoming an absolute farce.

m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21528631

Edited by RobH

Unfortunately, this has shown that the South African legal system is lacking. There is no way this detective should be working, let alone prosecuting.

What is more than suspicious is that those allegations against Botha are stirred up again when he is in the middle of that highly publicised investigation.

But on the other hand: It's probably better that Botha is out of the "race", after his weak performance in court on Wednesday. The actual bad thing about it is that it gives Pistorius and his lawyers yet another boost. And I still don't lose the feeling that Pistorius doesn't deserve such boosts at all.

Oscar Pistorius has been granted bail. Trial will follow later this year.

I cannot see, listening to what the magistrate said, that the prosecution will bring a charge of premeditated murder to trial.

The prosecution have been heavily criticised , and have much work to do.

I'm still asking myself, though, why no one raises doubts about Pistorius' story in his affidavit so far. Why the heck does he even state that he shouted at the "burglar" to leave his house - and why the heck didn't his girlfriend respond then? She didn't sleep in that version, she sat on the toilet!

Sorry, I still don't buy that story. And just because the prosecutor made mistakes, this doesn't mean that the allegation of premeditated murder is completely wrong.

The magistrate in this case said he does not believe Pistorius to be a risk to the public, one of the reasons he allowed bail. If the magistrate believed Pistorius committed premeditated murder, don't you think he'd be firmly behind bars? He clearly sees major issues with the prosecutions case, hence his release on bail.

Just because the magistrate doesn't consider Pistorius a risk to the public, that doesn't mean either that he excludes premeditated murder. Pistorius isn't a nutcase who went on a killing spree - he "simply" killed his girlfriend! So it was domestic violence, not "public" violence.

Olympian2004, you seem to be very judgmental in this case. You weren't there, true... either was I. But you seem quick to call this. Let the trial decide whether this man be condemned or not. Either way, his career in athletics is over.

I only say how I perceive it; and after reading Pistorius' affidavit - which raises several questions for me (as stated above) - I have extreme difficulties believing his "I believed it was an intruder" story, regardless of which mistakes the investigators made. And I very much hope that those questions that I have will also be dealt with in the trial or already by the media.

This whole story and situation, and everything connected with it, just gets more bizarre with every passing day.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21563911

That's true. Accusing other people involved in the Oscar Pistorius case with murder or homicide seems to be a new sport in South Africa now. A farce.

I know this will sound incredibly silly, but I have a lot of trouble reconciling Pistorius' personality in interviews with this accusation. Obviously everybody's on their best behavior when cameras are around and human beings are capable of astonishing duplicity. Still, he seemed like a genuinely nice guy. Thoughtful, sincere, grateful. I don't know what really happened. It's possible we never will. No matter what it's jarring.

I have seen so many reports about cases of murder already where the neighbours, for example, said about the killer that they can't believe it because "he had always been such a nice and friendly guy". Last year, we had a family tragedy in my region (near Braunschweig, Germany) where a father killed his three children while his wife was on vacation. It was an act of retaliation towards his wife because she wanted to get divorced from him. After the murder, all neighbours said again "We can't believe it, he always seemed to be such a loving and caring father, and he was always friendly to us as well".

So humbleness and friendliness are no guarantee that a person hasn't also a dark and violent side. "Still waters run deep" - sometimes at least.

And I mean, Pistorius is also described by people who know him as a very ambitious person, even as a very restless person. Also the reports about his love for guns and the tweet where he described going into "full combat recon mode" just because he confused the sound of his own washing machine with the sound of a burglar tell me that he is not only the humble, harmless, friendly Oscar Pistorius he is in front of the camera or dealing personally with his fans. I get the increasing sensation that he has, in fact, a split personality or is at least two-faced.

Sigh.

I think I have let my emotions cloud my judgment in this case, I fear olympian2004 may be accurate when he speaks of some kind of personality issue.

The more I read, the more I witness, the less I feel assured this was an accident.

Before this happened, I thought Oscar was one of the few true inspirational people left, and I couldn't accept that he could do something like this.

But as I have looked into the man, instead of seeing a fighter and an inspiration, I see a man with a love (some may say obsession) for guns, a man who clearly has a temper and a man who is clearly insecure - on I suppose, multiple fronts.

The last straw, was seeing his website Oscar Pistorius.com, become a shrine, with kids, plastered all over his website - almost to reinforce the idea that this is a man who cares for children, disability sport and fairness. I just feel it's a little desperate.

I won't be posting on this situation until the outcome of the trial, I don't want to become invested in this, as it's sad seeing a man I believed in become dust.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/oscar-pistorius/9891015/Oscar-Pistorius-was-told-to-back-off-from-Reeva-Steenkamp.html

I would wake my girlfriend 1st while grabbing my gun and heading to the "intruder". She should be awake to be able to react if needed once I was successful or not after chasing down the "burglar" with my gun in another part of the room. What if the burglar shot me first when I attempted the altercation, then went on to surprise my sleeping girlfriend.

Either way...shows how much he thought about her safety.

Thoughts are creeping in...

Could this be the land of Oz and could it all be a dream and could he have though he was shooting an intruder and is the world just a big happy Candyland, but I never think....IT'S POSSIBLE, after any of those thoughts..

The Oscar we remember is gone, his evil anti-matter version has taken over in this world.

I would wake my girlfriend 1st while grabbing my gun and heading to the "intruder". She should be awake to be able to react if needed once I was successful or not after chasing down the "burglar" with my gun in another part of the room. What if the burglar shot me first when I attempted the altercation, then went on to surprise my sleeping girlfriend.

Either way...shows how much he thought about her safety.

To me that theory (which I share) rather shows that his story is a lie. Because in my opinion, it's really the most natural reaction to wake the person with whom one shares the bed first. Especially when one is frightened of the situation (like Pistorius stated of himself) and needs reassurance that the other person is still there. And yes, you also want her/him be warned, just in case.

Thoughts are creeping in...

Could this be the land of Oz and could it all be a dream and could he have though he was shooting an intruder and is the world just a big happy Candyland, but I never think....IT'S POSSIBLE, after any of those thoughts..

The Oscar we remember is gone, his evil anti-matter version has taken over in this world.

I think one shouldn't glorify people, especially not athletes, in such an extent - athletes could also be doped, for example. I applaud athletes for their performances, I sometimes even admire them if they are down to earth (something most athletes are or at least seem to be) and likeable - and even more so, if they are physically attractive. B) But I wouldn't want to glorify them, because in the end, they are humans like everyone else. And luckily, even if Oscar Pistorius might prove as an as*hole and complete maniac, there are still thousands of other people in the world who could save as a role model, including those who have nothing to do with athletics.