Oscar Pistorius shoots girlfriend dead

Kenadian

Olympian, Natalie du Toit and Natalia Partyka both competed in Beijing as disabled athletes.

Thanks for the info. My oblivion probably shows how little publicity those two athletes got compared to Oscar Pistorius. Maybe it would have been better if Pistorius hadn't gotten that much publicity and fame.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing is, he lived in a "gated" community; and unless there was a rash of break-ins in his enclave, the "intruder" story really doesn't wash. And 4 shots? Wouldn't you shoot to warn and aim to wound?

The other strange thing is that (according to a South African newspaper report), the shots were fired through a bathroom door. I don't know how reliable that is, after the same newspaper had also reported that intruder story. But if it's true, the intruder story makes even less sense. Unless Pistorius was the one who sat in the bathroom. But even then, you don't fire four shots without even looking who is there.

Obviosly he was no thinking, and you don't shoot somone in the HEAD if you value life.

HE IS A MONSTER.....simple.

tears mean NOTHING now.

The investigation hasn't finished yet. That's also simple. Maybe we should wait before already making a final judgment. I don't say that it doesn't appear like premeditated murder as well - I just say that we should be a bit more careful when we hardly know anything about what happened.

The other strange thing is that (according to a South African newspaper report), the shots were fired through a bathroom door. I don't know how reliable that is, after the same newspaper had also reported that intruder story. But if it's true, the intruder story makes even less sense. Unless Pistorius was the one who sat in the bathroom. But even then, you don't fire four shots without even looking who is there.

And u know, this happened in Pretoria. My college friend who served as ambassador there for almost 3 years said that Pretoria was so safe, it was almost boring.

Correction: "I don't say that it doesn't appear like premeditated murder to me as well..."

And u know, this happened in Pretoria. My college friend who served as ambassador there for almost 3 years said that Pretoria was so safe, it was almost boring.

Well, that doesn't explain why also apartment blocks in Pretoria have to be safeguarded like prisons.

The charge is premeditated from the procecuter not me.

I have NO sympathy fo rsomeone who was given SO much. This guy is an asshole.

MULTIPLE SHOTS TO THE HEADS FOLKS!!!!

A charge is not a verdict, though. Charges can be also refuted. Just saying.

More evidence that the intruder story might be rubbish:

Police say neighbours heard screaming and shouting around the time of the shooting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21459240

I betcha the NRA put him up to something like this!!

The NRA would have been stupid to do something like that. Instead, the killing gives the gun opponents the best argument for the dangers of possessing (and using) guns at home.

I know that you meant it as a joke. Just saying.

The charge is premeditated from the procecuter not me.

I have NO sympathy fo rsomeone who was given SO much. This guy is an asshole.

MULTIPLE SHOTS TO THE HEADS FOLKS!!!!

Paul, u're often so cool. I think we should wait until facts are in, and let the guy have his day in court.

The NRA would have been stupid to do something like that. Instead, the killing gives the gun opponents the best argument for the dangers of possessing (and using) guns at home.

Exactly. That's y I made that comment.

I wonder if Oscar watched enough of "Law and Order" and CSI shows?

His biggest contribution now is to me having an amazing workout on the adrenaline of my disgust! I held this asshole in high regard, I dreamed of an African Olympics more because of his inspirational story, those dreams are so unbelievably stupid now compared to the dreams of Reeva Steenkamp that have gone BLACK.

I’m crying too Oscar, you’ve dashed all our dreams just a little.

His biggest contribution now is to me having an amazing workout on the adrenaline of my disgust! I held this asshole in high regard, I dreamed of an African Olympics more because of his inspirational story, those dreams are so unbelievably stupid now compared to the dreams of Reeva Steenkamp that have gone BLACK.

I’m crying too Oscar, you’ve dashed all our dreams just a little.

Scale it down, man. No reason to blow your top. Wait and calm down.

It took me a long time to put this footer together originally, I poured over every color and proportion like an idiot. He inspired me; he was important and beautiful to me. How can one who has triumphed over unbelievable challenges and them been raised to hero status turn on us? I’m pretty upset about this.

That it would happen on Valentine's Day, I suspect it was a crime passionel.

Just found this on the internet:

Only in France is a crime of passionnel, or crime of passion, a legally recognised defence. In South Africa, a murder committed in a moment of passion is seen as a mitigating circumstance and does not merit special treatment. If the court accepts the view that the crime was committed during a moment of passion, then this usually means that an act of murder is reduced to a lesser charge, such as culpable homicide.

Contents

source: http://www.africacrime-mystery.co.za/books/fsac/chp26.htm (way down at the bottom of the page).

Archived