Wrestling dropped from the Olympics

Guys, it all makes sense now. Gays want to destroy the human race, so they infiltrated the IOC and forced them to remove Wrestling. With Wrestling gone from the Olympics men will forget what it means to be a man and all human reproduction will stop.

Because Wrestling totally wasn't the gayest sport in the Olympics.

Oh, and I wish I was making it up: https://rt.com/sport/olympic-wrestling-gays-conspiracy-105/

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Should've kept wrestling and never should've included golf in the first place.

I think when you take "questionable judging" as a criteria would be boxing on the top, which sport should be "banned"...

This is a horrible decision

Guys, it all makes sense now. Gays want to destroy the human race, so they infiltrated the IOC and forced them to remove Wrestling. With Wrestling gone from the Olympics men will forget what it means to be a man and all human reproduction will stop.

Because Wrestling totally wasn't the gayest sport in the Olympics.

Oh, and I wish I was making it up: https://rt.com/sport/olympic-wrestling-gays-conspiracy-105/

Well, it's NOT figure skating, but that's kinda stupid because I've run into guys who are drawn to wrestling precisely because of the intimate holds between 2 people of the same gender. So how can gays worked to have it removed? :blink: Somebody with a brain tumor must've thought of that.

Gays are removing wrestling, with their singlets and groping, but are keen on the skimpy shorts and tight bodies of women's beach volleyball? That's the second most ridiculous thing I've read this week.

The most ridiculous is that wrestling could possibly be dropped from the Olympics. This sport that shows up on Ancient Greek vases practiced by college age boys on a completely amateur level is being removed from the Olympics, yet millionaires like Rafa Nadal and Tiger Woods are getting shots at Olympic glory.

I know some will say the Olympics should be about 'the absolute best in sport' but many of these pros don't take the Olympics all that seriously because it isn't a Wimbeldon, a Green Jacket, or a World Cup (and the millions that come with those prizes). But for sports like wrestling, track, swimming, etc., an Olympic medal is the ultimate in their sport.

We'll have to see how the rest of the IOC votes (as this was an EC decision) in Buenos Aires, but the sport could be saved by the public and social media outcry and because the IOC general membership doesn't always go by what the EC suggests or pushes (just ask some past wanna be hosts that came out on top of their respective Evaluation Commission).

When I first saw Fox's post, I just assumed it was a joke story from The Onion. Now I've read the link, my mind is boggling. I guess it's no surprise it's from a Russian source.

I've never been to wrestling "in the flesh", but when Marts came back from wrestling in London, he was telling me that a large proportion of the audience were, like him, same sex admirers of a certain physique. If you put it to a gay vote, wrestling I'm sure would be one of the most popular gay picks for inclusion.

Bigoted fricken Russkis!

The best players show up for tennis, I don't see why it would be that different for golf.

There have been rumblings of them not showing up. Remember Mcilory saying this earlier?

And the Olympic tournament will surround 2 majors which are money opportunities something the Olympics do not present atm.

44312_425396280868820_431110645_n.jpg

Note: The Deadspin article and comments hint at something many of the mainstream articles omit... G/R just isn't that great a "sport." The most famous G/R event in American History (probably better described as the only G/R event any American has ever heard of) Rulon Gardner's victory over the unbeatable Russian, may have been a great feel-good story... but was easily one of the lamest sporting events ever from an actual sports standpoint.

Wrestling president quits after Olympic omission
The Associated Press

The president of the international wrestling federation has quit in the wake of the IOC's decision to remove the sport from the 2020 Olympics.

Raphael Martinetti's resignation was announced Saturday at the FILA executive committee meeting in Phuket. The Swiss had been in the position since 2002.

On Tuesday, the executive board of the International Olympic Committee dumped wrestling from its guaranteed berth in future Summer games, forcing the sport to compete for a spot on the program.

U.S.A. Wrestling executive director Rich Bender said Martinetti's departure "provides international wrestling with an opportunity to change and improve," giving the sport a chance "to create a fresh new relationship" with the IOC.

Wrestling will still be on the program at the 2016 Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.

AP

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2013/02/16/wrestling-president-quits-after-olympic-omission.html

To be perfectly honest, I have no reason believing that the reason Modern Pentathlon and Taekwondo stayed ahead of Wrestling did not have a lot to do with wine, women and cheese.

The president of the Modern Pentathlon union having one of the 14 votes and being present at the meeting surely helped too, to be fair.

Edited by Fox334

Baseball is the perfect example. They should just give up any hopes they have for the Olympics.

Well, the IOC should be DEFINITIVE in telling sports like "Baseball/softball" will NOT come back in so that it doesn't give false hopes to these other federations and they keep spending & hoping that they have a slim "chance."

When I first saw Fox's post, I just assumed it was a joke story from The Onion. Now I've read the link, my mind is boggling. I guess it's no surprise it's from a Russian source.

I've never been to wrestling "in the flesh", but when Marts came back from wrestling in London, he was telling me that a large proportion of the audience were, like him, same sex admirers of a certain physique. If you put it to a gay vote, wrestling I'm sure would be one of the most popular gay picks for inclusion.

Bigoted fricken Russkis!

Well, when gays would be the ones, who decide about the different sports, wrestling would be definitely an Olympic Sport....

I have read such remarks/new stories, too (e.g. on the facebook site of "Save Olympic Wrestling") and I thought: "wow, there are still such extreme prejudices/stereotypes common among those homophobes" and my second thought was: "my god, sport doesn't reduce prejudices among people, like it is often claimed by the IOC or FIFA etc. etc. - how can a gay wrestler come out, when he/she hears such nonsense by other wrestlers or other wrestling fans"

I'm curious how many people bemoaning the loss of wrestling have ever bought a ticket to an Olmypic wrestling match, or spend significant time watching it on TV.

Exactly. I for one I'm not sad it's gone but I watched the wrestling programme during the Pan-AM games on a stream from a stand-still camera (terra.mx was the only one broadcasting) because nobody cared about the sport. and brazilians don't even do well at it. I watched because I like it (despite the jokes).

But hopefully wrestling will be added again and you FUCKERS HAVE THE MORAL OBLIGATION TO BUY TICKETS (IF YOU ARE THERE) AND TO WATCH IT ON FUCKING TV.

If you like the sport then SUPPORT IT.

(I didn't buy tickets for the olympics because I was there only for the first week, otherwise I'd have watched it live).