Tickets on Sale

zekekelso

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let use this thread to share information about tickets !

This time EU citizen are not allowed to buy directly to the Sochi 2014 OCOG.... but we could still buy through all the ATRs of the EU NOC....

So let's share information....

Best

Memo

I personally wouldn't trust flying on a Russian airline.

ok, i have to ask -- why not?

are we going to sochi? i'm so indecisive. i want to go, but the russians will find ways to overcomplicate everything.

should i put in for tickets and then sell them if i decide against going? i guess it would be worth going if i got some great short track and freestyle skiing tickets.

krow its first come, first serve. There is no lottery this time. So if you are there early enough you'll get whatever you want.

Darcy, Russia is cheap by Western standards. The tickets are gonna be reasonably priced, unless cosport did find another way to give it to use.

A flight from Toronto to Moscow can be found for as low as 600 dollars.

Very few C/D seats available - only A for the ceremony. No thanks. I got -

OIH01C - Ice Hockey
Saturday, 2/8/2014, 12:00 - 14:30
OLG01B - Luge
Saturday, 2/8/2014, 18:30 - 22:00
OIH06C - Ice Hockey
Monday, 2/10/2014, 19:00 - 21:30
OST01C - Short Track Speed Skating
Monday, 2/10/2014, 13:45 - 16:30
OCU04B - Curling
Tuesday, 2/11/2014, 09:00 - 12:00
Grand total $336AU for 10 tickets.

krow its first come, first serve. There is no lottery this time. So if you are there early enough you'll get whatever you want. Darcy, Russia is cheap by Western standards. The tickets are gonna be reasonably priced, unless cosport did find another way to give it to use. A flight from Toronto to Moscow can be found for as low as 600 dollars.

Wish I lived in Canada

For f%ck sake Darcy. I live in Brisbane too. Do your damn leg work before lamenting missed opportunities.

Advance fare to Dubai can be gotten via KL or HK for $1000-$1200. Emirates should announce their Sochi flights shortly or go via Istanbul - maybe another $500 or so. Hotels are overpriced now but will drop - they always do. Even in Beijing/Vancouver/London. So budget $600 there for 3-4 nights at a relatively nice place. I got 10 event tickets for $336.

Grand total for Sochi will be around $2500 or so. Save $100 a fortnight for a year and you are there.

Rio will be pricier for flights but the tickets and hotels will be cheaper.

My week in Vancouver including Opening Ceremony tickets, 6 other sports, a private room with private bath at the Central YHA and flights cost me $3500.

Beijing was $2200 all up including 20 sessions of various sports znc 10 nights at a 3 star hotel just off Wangfujing Street. I used Air Asia to KL and onto Shenzhen. Then Air China to Beijing.

Avoid direct flights, eat like the locals do and you can have a great time without spending thousands.

For f%ck sake Darcy. I live in Brisbane too. Do your damn leg work before lamenting missed opportunities.

Advance fare to Dubai can be gotten via KL or HK for $1000-$1200. Emirates should announce their Sochi flights shortly or go via Istanbul - maybe another $500 or so. Hotels are overpriced now but will drop - they always do. Even in Beijing/Vancouver/London. So budget $600 there for 3-4 nights at a relatively nice place. I got 10 event tickets for $336.

Grand total for Sochi will be around $2500 or so. Save $100 a fortnight for a year and you are there.

Rio will be pricier for flights but the tickets and hotels will be cheaper.

My week in Vancouver including Opening Ceremony tickets, 6 other sports, a private room with private bath at the Central YHA and flights cost me $3500.

Beijing was $2200 all up including 20 sessions of various sports znc 10 nights at a 3 star hotel just off Wangfujing Street. I used Air Asia to KL and onto Shenzhen. Then Air China to Beijing.

Avoid direct flights, eat like the locals do and you can have a great time without spending thousands.

Hahahahhaahha ok then. I can't believe that Beijing was $2200 thats awesome!

Most tickets were 50 yuan, 30 yuan, 100 yuan - that was $10 AU, $6 AU, $20 AU... Decent hotel just at the second ring road for $60 a night... We wont see that again for a while.

I am guessing some major airlines (SAS, Lufthansa, Air France, Alitalia, Austrian, United) will have temporary service to Sochi for the Olympics. I know Turkish Airways, Austrian and Emirates have already annouced plans.

It is already on Turkish Air's schedule. Has been for a while now. Emirates should announce their flights in June. BA may throw on some - they have flights via Moscow.

Archived