Team Canada at Sochi 2014

world atlas

Tomorrow could be a good day for Canada.

2-Woman Bobsleigh, unless Canada 1 makes a huge mistake they will get Canada another silver

Intoronto, official website says it is Kershaw and Harvey, other sources had said it was Valjas.

Men's Team Sprint, I doubt a medal is coming here but cross country results have been real surprising. I mean if you told me Russia would have 19 medals but only 3 from cross country and biathlon, I'd have asked what y'all were smoking.

Jennifer Jones and Brad Jacobs are a win away from at least a silver medal. Hopefully both get it done vs. Britain and China instead of having to fit for the bronze.

Canada plays Latvia (like wtf happened in men's hockey, 4 various sizes of upsets so far), a win will play for a medal.

Lambert, Morison, Anderson and Calve all go in alpine snow boarding.

So currently sitting at 17 medals. With two wins in curling plus bobsleigh, Canada would finish with at least 21 medals.

And I believe that the 14 gold and 37 medal total are now safe for another 4 years.

I believe are current ceiling for medals is 27 to 29.

I have also read Valjas if Kershaw isn't ready to go. He has the flu.

So we have 18 medals..

+2 from curling

+2 from hockey

+1 from womens bobsled

+1 from Short track (Maltais)

+2 from Ski Cross

Thats at least 26 medals we should be able to have. We're strong medal favorites in all those events.

Then there's events like Women's Figure Skating, 4menBobsled, Speed Skating Team Pursuits, and Cross Country team sprint...where we might be able to win a medal.

30 medals is still a possibility for Canada, but we'll need "Denny Morrison Like" moments.

Can't count your curling and hockey medals before they hatch. Jacobs and Jones have very tough games against China and Britain in the semis, and a lose would mean playing Ott (the bane of Canadian Olympic female curlers) or Sigfridsson on the women's side and Edin or Murdoch on the men's side.

But in saying that, 24 to 26 medals looks to be where Canada is heading if the rest of the team comes through like Riddle did today.

And I'd say that the men's team pursuit is a good bet for a medal. The Koreans and Americans aren't skating well, neither are the Russians. My guess would be the medalist would be some combination of Canada, Poland and Netherlands.

canada will finish 4th, as a rule, in every sport, because belle brockhoff, a troubled teenager and the leader of a coven of witches, discovered a magic spell book in an old wicca shop with robin tunney, and has now summoned the spirit god manon to curse the hateful canadians for that vile shoulder tap in the semis. the joke's on her though as the spell will backfire, relegating her to 7th place forever, which will get her thrown in a mental ward by proud american robin tunney a disgruntled AOC.

she does manage to kill off tunney's career, though.

later, time travelers will go back to 1996 and make a movie about it and i will watch it every single day in 10th grade.

• Like 1

I like this; men's snowboard 50m limp.

I've been saying this for a long time: we need cross country snowboarding at the Olympics. They finally listened to me!

Honestly, despite the glut of silver and lack of gold, I'm calling these Olympics a great success. Only Russia, Sweden, Slovenia and Netherlands have met or exceeded expectations. USA, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Canada, Finland, and Austria can all walk away from these Games and be disappointed.

So 21 to 24 medals is wonderful.

Honestly, despite the glut of silver and lack of gold, I'm calling these Olympics a great success. Only Russia, Sweden, Slovenia and Netherlands have met or exceeded expectations. USA, Norway, Germany, Switzerland, Canada, Finland, and Austria can all walk away from these Games and be disappointed.

So 21 to 24 medals is wonderful.

i'm not disappointed by any means. we've had some terrific, unexpected successes and some tough breaks. that's the olympics, and remember, the winter games are like the summer ones for you. it's been hard for everyone but the dutch, and our medal haul is nothing to be ashamed about.

don't drag us down to your level.

Man, that was so very much unlike Vancouver. Did not expect a gold after day 1. So glad Humphries and Moyse managed to defend their title, Humphries really deserves it.

Incidentally, this is only the third time a two-person bobsleigh team has defended their title (it has never happened in four-man) after Weder / Acklin in 1992 and 1994 and Kuske / Lange in 2006 and 2010.

Edited by Fox334

I'm not disappointed at all as a Canadian, even before our latest bobsleigh gold. The curling and hockey wins are coming up, and even without them we've had our share of medals.

Speaking more as a team. Canada, USA, Norway, Germany and Austria all were expected to do better and had higher expectations. I don't think you can ever be disappointed as a spectator. The story of these Games has been that a lot of favourites, across almost every major team have not come through. If it were not for a lot of surprise medals for Russia they'd be in this group too because their Cross-Country and Biathlon teams have been underperforming badly as well.