Team Canada at Sochi 2014

world atlas

The two biggest competitors to Turski, Voisin and Christiansen, are both out injured. It would be shocking if Canada got no medals out of this event.

Anyone familiar with snowboard halfpipe? If so what are the chances of the Canadian men tomorrow?

It isn't an overstatement to say that it would take a miracle.

Hopefully we can get some good showing in slopestyle, looks like it could be a quiet day otherwise. Gough looks like she'll need to be good and get a little help from Hamlin to have a chance for a medal, and there really isn't much else of a good hope on the day. Maybe Harvey can have a big day in the sprint, but I'm not sold on it.

A big game for Jacobs tomorrow, if he loses to Edin he'd be 1-2; not a disaster, but with Scotland and Norway still to come it'll leave him no margin for error against the lesser teams the rest of the way.

I'm hoping for a surprise medal in either the Men's or Women's Cross Country Skiing Sprints tomorrow.

I'm very pleased with Canada's overall performance so far.

Canada's doing exceptionally well - you guys might do what Australia did in Athens 2004 and actually outdo your own performance at the home games four years earlier. (2004 eclipsed 2000, 1996 and 1956 as our best haul).