Team Canada at Sochi 2014

world atlas

Erik Guay: B - never expected him to medal but his run was a little sloppy

JP Leguellac: A+ wonder performance that on many other days would have been a medal

Nathan Smith: A+ unexpected good result

Figure Skaters: Chan F, Reynolds A, Osmond B+ and D, Virtue/Moir B+, Duhamel/Radford A, Moore-Towers/Moscovitch A, with Russia finding Yulia this was probably the best Canada could have done. Osmond is just not technical enough.

Chloe and Justine: A+ wonderful result

Sam Edney: C, not sure how this is going to play out in the team event now.

Combined Snowboarding efforts: hard to grade because of the judging but C-.

Man, I have classes during the men's pursuit. Its such an exiting race to watch, and if Leguellec can somehow shoot clean there is no knowing what can happen. He skied really well in Vancouver and he was about as good as he's ever been Saturday. I mean, he probably won't get a medal but he definitively has the best chance a Canadian man ever had in biathlon.

A bittersweet day for Team Canada, I'm sure.

Silver for Team Figure Skating was going to be our best shot. Russia was unbeatable with Plushenko and the amazing 15 year-old Lipnitskaya on their team.

Difficult day for Spencer O'Brien in slopestyle who finished 12th (and last).

No Canadian podium in downhill.

Seb Toutant is already scheduled to fly home to Canada.

And the medal ceremony for Dufour-Lapointe happened a few hours ago.

a50zfBf.gif

Was worried about Alex Gough after her first training times didn't look too hot, but she was top 3 in the last two runs, well behind Geisenberger, but at least in the hunt.

Should be a fun day tomorrow, with hockey, curling, luge, short track, moguls, combined, biathlon, etc. I'll say three medals (two moguls & Hamelin), but if things break right it could be an even bigger day. Maybe I'm a bit optimistic, though.

It's a competition. Anything can happen. I think we're beating ourselves in the chest too much and that "Own the Podium" isn't that great of a program.

I agree but It's not like we lost many medals today. Only in Women's Slopestyle where we were expected to medal. I bet we'll make up for that medal in another event where we weren't expected to medal. We could potentially sweep the podium in Men's Moguls tomorrow.

Edited by dave199

It's a competition. Anything can happen. I think we're beating ourselves in the chest too much and that "Own the Podium" isn't that great of a program.

this is why canada isn't a real competitor for the US (like china in the summer games). would you ever hear an american talking like that?

so much second guessing, insecurity and paranoia. that canadian psyche is too easily, well, psyched out. you don't suck at everything. aren't you the country that claims to have invented every sport played on earth? you need to be more like a wall. a solid, impenetrable wall with attitude and really sexy hair.

sorry that point isn't really relevant. i'm just watching tv as i type this and a norwegian came on.

Faster-

I'm content with that result. I think it'll be a good thing to get Koreans talking about the factionalism inside the Korea Skating Union. In Korean short track, often it's not how good you are, but who your coach is and who you're supported by, and Viktor Ahn was a by-product of that. And with the Koreans' slow start and with Viktor Ahn medalling for Russia, it should raise some discussions. They'll be better off for it in the long run.

Besides, the only Korean gold I really care about in Sochi is ladies' figure skating. ;)