Team Canada at Sochi 2014

world atlas

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All 3 of our entries in men's ski cross have been on the World Cup podium this season. Here's hoping for a sweep. David Duncan looks to be the gold medal favourite. Plus we have a gold metal favourite in women's ski half pipe. It looks like tomorrow will be a big day if things go as they should. I'm thinking it will be a 4-6 medal day. 4 being more likely

If we crash in the ski cross I'll cry. We better win at least two medals in ski cross tomorrow.

@dave199 Hmm we definitely do not have a gold medal favorite in women's snowboarding halfpipe. We're not expected to any medals in that, but anything can happen.

It's ski Halfpipe tomorrow and we do do have a gold favourite in Rosalind Groenewoud

Two years ago she had the highest score in women's halfpipe at the x games. She won silver at the 2014 X games. She should medal.

I don't know. These freestyle skiing / snowboard events are so unpredictable.

Canada had a lot of X Games medalists in Sochi: Kaya Turski, Seb Toutant, Max Parrot, Spencer O'Brien, Kevin Hill - none of them got a podium.

A lot of pressure on Rosalind Groenewoud for women's ski halfpipe and Chris Del Bosco for men's ski cross.

Tough break for Canada in men's ski cross, draw has all 3 Canadians on one side of the draw.

Though in a lovely irony the 3 2013 world championship medalist are all in the same 1/8

It's only two of the medalists. It's a different Midol.

If we crash in the ski cross I'll cry. We better win at least two medals in ski cross tomorrow.

@dave199 Hmm we definitely do not have a gold medal favorite in women's snowboarding halfpipe. We're not expected to any medals in that, but anything can happen.

All 3 of our entries in men's ski cross have been on the World Cup podium this season. Here's hoping for a sweep. David Duncan looks to be the gold medal favourite. Plus we have a gold metal favourite in women's ski half pipe. It looks like tomorrow will be a big day if things go as they should. I'm thinking it will be a 4-6 medal day. 4 being more likely

As we're seeing now, the only thing we could predict with ski cross (and snowboard cross) is that it's unpredictable.

Archived