Team Canada at Sochi 2014

world atlas

What legs?

It's a term I used. Will this story continue and be investigated or just go away.

Anyways, I'm no expert at figure skating so I don't know but I see those in the sport or knowledgable people within figure skating are saying something weird is going on here

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

god didn't they learn anything from salt lake? canadians WILL NEVER SHUT UP if they feel cheated out of that damn pairs gold medal.

i think americans would care for like an afternoon, if it were a slow sunday or something.

We learned that figure skating will always have questionable judging.

But we also like to have fun bitching about it.

We shall not shut up! :ph34r:

To the Americans: You are being naive to think that there cannot be truth to these rumors. No one thought there was truth to what happened in Salt Lake City at the beginning, but the IOC demanded answers and we got some of the truth. The chorus of former skaters, officials and judges that have questioned not only these results but also the result at the 2013 Grand Prix Final and the 2013 World Championships cannot be ignored so easily. Like I've said in another thread. There should only be about a point of separation between the Canadians and Americans, with the Americans on top. The only difference should have been the 1 base point difference in the elements.

To the Canadians: You are over-stating the potential of this. As I've said before in addressing this. The classical, traditional and old guard of figure skating have always and will always favour Virtue and Moir. Even the rigging of the 90's wouldn't have been able to deny them medals that the judging was so easily able to deny Bourne and Kratz. Figure skating has entered an unfortunate new horizon where sheer power and boldness has taken the front seat over precision, grace, elegance and style. Add the benefit of no longer having the compulsory dance as part of the routine, the new COP system and a new generation of judges coming to the forefront and you getting power overtaking artistry, creativity and style. Look at Brian Joubert's short program. In the old (the first version of the COP and the ordinals system) he would have been in medal contention. But it was the powerful, jumping, fast-moving performances of Hanyu, Chan and others that were in the medal conversation. The same shift in the sport happened with gymnastics when their version of the COP was implemented. Theirs was so drastic that a gold medal routine at the previous World Championships would have resulted in a disqualification in the new points system.

Also to point out, I read somewhere that if the current COP was implemented at SLC, Shen and Zhou would have won gold.

I also want to add that I hope there is absolutely no truth to this. Because it would tarnish and call into question the medals, scores and performances of over 2 dozen skaters. In the end integrity, honour, a sense of fair-play and being a good sport are more important than any medal. If any coach, official or athlete has lost sight of that, no matter the results, they are lesser for it.

On the ISU FB page replies section, someone posted a screen cap of Meryl Davis landing on a flat edge during a keypoint of the Finnstep where she needed to be on an outside edge to get level 4. So once again Davis/White got credit on an element that they don't deserve. The fix started way back in 2012 after Virtue/Moir won Worlds.

god didn't they learn anything from salt lake? canadians WILL NEVER SHUT UP if they feel cheated out of that damn pairs gold medal.

i think americans would care for like an afternoon, if it were a slow sunday or something.

This pretty much. It's really funny.

This is turning into a very dissapointing Olympics for Canada. We got off to a tremendous start and now we're have a very tough time winning medals. For example, today we had Travis Gerrits who was a silver medal favorite coming in and he failed to win a medal.

As for the Bobsled teams, I Dont think we were expected to win a medal in this event, but we had a very good opportunity to and failed.

Some good news however is we won one medal and secured two other medals (women's hockey and women's curling).

I dont see Canada winning 30 medals for sure.

My prediction is we finish 24 medals. :/

Anyone disagree with my prediction?

What are your predictions?

U guys won 30 medals on HOME turf. Pretty unrealistic to think any NATION can equal or improve on that on another summer/winter power's home games. :rolleyes:

26* More money was spent on this quadrennial then the 2010 one. Moreover there is 12 new events. Do some research before commenting :rolleyes:

U guys won 26 medals on HOME turf. Pretty unrealistic to think any NATION can equal or improve on that on another summer/winter power's home games. :rolleyes:

I said 26!! Do some research before changing my post. ;) So what if you spent more money and that there are 12 new events. R u saying none of the other nations--let alone the host Russians-- didn't spend any money on those and that no one else is competitive in the new events?? That's just like your claim a few months ago that RUssia was barely going to medal in Figure Skating. Except for the Men's singles, they are poised to win at least 5 medals when FS is done. They have regained dominance in the pairs; came on strong in Ice; and have a strong chance in Ladies. :rolleyes: Do some research.

Don't to 8th spot on the medal table. There's definitely sports we need to pump money into thru Own the Podium, like x-country. Our sliders aren't doing good this time around. And I felt sorry for Maelle for crashing. And what's up with the great Crosby not scoring yet? I think we beat ourselves in the chest too much. Or maybe Molsons should've left that beer cooler back here in Canada.

We'll be fine. We'll get our 20-25 medals, which ain't too shabby, and then move on. I live in the most populated region in Canada and there are no mountains to be seen. No sliding tracks either. No Nordic ski culture. Everyone plays hockey or skates, or does recreational skiing or snowboarding, but that won't win us many medals unless you move to the Rockies or Quebec. All the kids focus their energy on a sport in which only 2 medals are up for grabs at the Olympics. Nothing wrong with that, that's the path we've chosen.

Dear Canadians, they just got a World Record, please shut the f up about any fixing.

This proved even more that the fix was in. Someone cannot break a world record just ten minutes after someone else does. Even Usain Bolt doesn't set world records every time he competes. Ice dance and synchronized swimming are a joke and an embarrassment to the Olympic movement.

Archived