Team Canada at Sochi 2014

world atlas

Yes

Women's 1500m SSTS Marianne St. Gelais and to a much greater degree Valerie Maltais

Men's 1000m SSTS Charles Hamelin, Oliver Jean and Charle Cournoyer all have the potential to get into the final and medal

Men's 1500m Speed Skating Danny Morrison has a slight chance in this event. If he can skate as well as he did in the 1500m he'll be close to the podium

Women's Snowboard Cross Maelle Ricker and Dominque Maltais could both medal

i think you and intoronto should consider opening a boutique bookie consultancy firm. someone out there is making a ton of money doing odds for these obscure sports -- something the two of you are doing for free on an internet message board. you need to monetize, mesmerize, memorialize. uh, wait, maybe just the first two.

so quit that whole biology thing (are you still doing biology?) and follow my dreams for you.

• Replies 837
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Nesbitt has an undisclosed injury that she won't discuss until her Olympic events are over, an injury diagnosed far later than she would have hoped. In addition to that, she has coeliac disease, which has altered her diet and severely affected her training and her results."

"Nesbitt has an undisclosed injury that she won't discuss until her Olympic events are over, an injury diagnosed far later than she would have hoped. In addition to that, she has coeliac disease, which has altered her diet and severely affected her training and her results."

That's devastating news. :( No wonder why she struggled so much this season.

No its the 1000. However anything is possible.

Valerie Maltais is also a better chance at a medal in the 1500 then St.Gelais

Hence why I said, 'to a much greater degree Valerie Maltais.

i think you and intoronto should consider opening a boutique bookie consultancy firm. someone out there is making a ton of money doing odds for these obscure sports -- something the two of you are doing for free on an internet message board. you need to monetize, mesmerize, memorialize. uh, wait, maybe just the first two.

so quit that whole biology thing (are you still doing biology?) and follow my dreams for you.

I did quit the whole biology thing. I am a travel agent now. Specialize in group and business travel.

Four pairs to go, but looking good for a second individual medal for Morrison. He's really been dialed in Sochi.

...well, I did not see that coming.

Had you told me two medals in speed skating before the games I would have taken it. Morrison has done very well.

Also, losing gold in the 1500m by 0.003 seconds... ouch. Just ouch.

Half of the medal count (so far) has come from the Canadian freestyle skiers. 3 double podiums, 3 gold. I think Canada will get even stronger for PyeongChang in these young/new sports: half-pipe, moguls, slopestyle, snowboard. So much potential.

Spencer O'Brien, Kaya Turski, Max Parrot, Sebastien Toutant, Marc-Antoine Gagnon - still young, already X Games champions. McMorris getting bronze despite a broken rib is nothing short of amazing (he said it still hurt when he sneezed, so you can imagine the pain he felt after landing each jump). I'll be following these people in the future; so much fun to watch.

On another note, what is happening with the short track speed skating team? Disappointment all around.

Archived