Another bidding competition?

2026 Commonwealth Games  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a 2026 Commonwealth Games competition?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Announcing the bid from Wellington - New Zealand The logo represents the letter W for Wellington and also represents the weaving patterns of the Maori culture and is based on a green colour to em

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/halifax26.png/'>

Both? I'd say we could only do cities who have never bid to make it more interesting

Announcing the bid from Wellington - New Zealand

Glasgow_2014_bid.jpg

The logo represents the letter W for Wellington and also represents the weaving patterns of the Maori culture and is based on a green colour to emphasize the country as one of the greenest and natural.

• Like 4

good try,but i prefer something bolder,simpler

Bolder? Simpler? It's all there, heck the logo itself what with the "evolution of man" motif will get them Christian denominations all fired up! :lol:

Oh, and what's more simpler than something NOT attempting to be 3d? ;)

Yes Olympicsfan97, if you want to enter, just nominate a Commonwealth city and produce a questionnaire. The report (to be assessed by someone) will determine if you make the cut or not to become Candidate. No further bid books will be necessary. Should you choose a city from a nation that is already represented here, then consider it a domestic bid race..

Edited by Lord David

Bolder? Simpler? It's all there, heck the logo itself what with the "evolution of man" motif will get them Christian denominations all fired up! :lol:

Oh, and what's more simpler than something NOT attempting to be 3d? ;)

Yes Olympicsfan97, if you want to enter, just nominate a Commonwealth city and produce a questionnaire. The report (to be assessed by someone) will determine if you make the cut or not to become Candidate. No further bid books will be necessary. Should you choose a city from a nation that is already represented here, then consider it a domestic bid race..

Yea I'm doing Calgary.

• Like 1

Athletics includes all events, yes Marathon and Walks.

Aquatics will include Swimming, Diving, Synchronized Swimming and Swimming Marathon.

The Swimming Marathon venue could be the same as your Triathlon venue, no need to list a venue for that event, and don't worry about the location for Marathon and Walks, just the sports I listed and their respective venue numbers and capacities.

I will have to withdraw i am afraid. I do not have a word processor on my new laptop and i have downloaded a host of free software but it will not work on my laptop and i do not want to spend $250 on Microsoft Office, just for this. I use office at work if i have work related things to do. Apologies.

I will have to withdraw i am afraid. I do not have a word processor on my new laptop and i have downloaded a host of free software but it will not work on my laptop and i do not want to spend $250 on Microsoft Office, just for this. I use office at work if i have work related things to do. Apologies.

Why not download the free trial?

I not sure how long that lasts for and i am off to South Africa next week, so the whole word processor thing was the nail in the coffin to what was already going to be a bit of a tough task to get it all finished, especially as so much is needed.

I not sure how long that lasts for and i am off to South Africa next week, so the whole word processor thing was the nail in the coffin to what was already going to be a bit of a tough task to get it all finished, especially as so much is needed.

I think it is 60 days.

Use open office. It's free and Microsoft Office suite like.

If need be, I can convert it to pdf for you.