Another bidding competition?

2026 Commonwealth Games  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want a 2026 Commonwealth Games competition?

Time for another bidding competition? Perhaps a Commonwealth Games one, maybe with a defined list of sports and lowered capacity (say 25,000 for ceremonies/athletics) for some venues?

Perhaps a 2026 comp? I got dibs on Darwin, Australia, if this is the case! (I'm willing to change if there is sufficient amount of peeps wanting to do an Australian city, but if that were so, it's first come first served!)

So, what do you think?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey All, I voted Yes. Even though I do not compete in these things, I find it very interesting to read all about them.

Lord David, Good Luck with Darwin.... it's my home town!! :D

Anyways, all the best to everyone in this comp!

Join Paul! I'll set up the details later, but the basics you have to do would be something similar to the old Olympic Applicant book format (or less). If you want to do the proper work, then by all means.

As of now, just pick a Commonwealth city to bid, one that hasn't hosted recently.

Montreal? Bidding for an event that glorifies the Commonwealth, English language and the Queen? Well this should be interesting.

I'm expecting bid logos of course, but for those without the technical know (Photoshop), do a rough sketch, and I'll digitize it, make it professional. More info to come soon!

Montreal? Bidding for an event that glorifies the Commonwealth, English language and the Queen? Well this should be interesting.

I'm expecting bid logos of course, but for those without the technical know (Photoshop), do a rough sketch, and I'll digitize it, make it professional. More info to come soon!

Its an honest mistake loll

LOL I was kidding I will take Calgary.

I totally didn’t see your post before I asked about Calgary…I was asking because that’s a city I like and was considering doing a bid with. Now I see you have claimed it……no problem as I was just in the “thinking about entering” stage.

LOL I was kidding I will take Calgary.

I just realized. Halifax put up it's name first.

I was thinking that this might happen, so in that case, there will be a Canadian domestic bid race, we'll have a vote off for those bidders.

You can change if you wish.

If I could find my half-finished bid for Valletta, Malta, I'd started for one of Puppy's comps years ago I might consider. But I wouldn't start something from scratch.

I did a Valletta bid some time back, I'll upload the bid file when I get home.

Archived