Boston 2024 committee posted this great video early today. I'm loving how logos are coming alive on 3D. First Rio now Boston

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiNItLCJ1jI

sorry I'm not sure how to post the direct youtube video <_<

someone feel free to repost

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely looks more like Chase Bank logo. Oh and it's nice to see Citgo making a cameo appearance.

AFD-081120-041.giflooks more like the US Air Force logo to me

/\/\ I thought at first that this was an ad for J.P. Morgan Chase.

upload-816855347505981903.jpg

It's a stylized victory laurel from the marathon and is supposed to evoke Boston's background in Innovation...

2vshff9.jpg

Okay then, I still have never associated Boston, only with history. I'm sure I'm not the only person in the US or world to feel the same.

one of the lists makes San Francisco area first, and the other 7th.

I'd like to see an explanation of each of their rankings

I second this.

Not to mention, the CNN one is about urban innovation not tech innovation. I was under the impression the Boston committee was marketing Boston as a tech innovation hub.

Boston is home to Harvard and MIT. So without getting into semantics or more stupid rankings lists, but if nothing else, it makes the city home to some really smart people.

Does not make it 'innovative', granted I have no doubt they have a smart population, but are the innovative in the same way as San Francisco? I doubt it, the Boston teams seems to marketing the city in that way.

I think its safe to say people who go to mit and harvard and major in anything besides communications, end up being innovative. Hell they probably even go to silicon valley when they graduate.

Anyways, its not like you are required to contribute to the intellectual pool if you want a phd.

It's funny I have posted on here about Boston being one of the top Innovative cities 100 times... There is even the Boston Innovation District which is where the 2024 Offices are located and the new District Hall for Innovation.

Most of their promotional materials to date have been produced by people for school, projects or for fun and they have had a message that worked for the group so it was used.. They have not put much $$$ behind any design, imagery or videography.

Does not make it 'innovative', granted I have no doubt they have a smart population, but are the innovative in the same way as San Francisco? I doubt it, the Boston teams seems to marketing the city in that way.

As a tech writer, Boston is very definitely considered the US's major tech and innovation hub after the Bay Area. Route 128 has been long considered the country's second Silicon Valley. And MIT itself regarded as the world's leading tech and innovation academic institution bar none.

Boston reclaiming its place as a technology hub

Just for fun I looked back and I mentioned Boston being #1 in Innovation back in January, February 2013 & January, June of 2014.
of course there was back and fourth arguments but actually a couple of you stood up for me when others said Boston had never ranked as a top Innovative City ;-)

Boston has been ranked #1 (2009-2013) , #2 (2007-2008), #4 (2014) and has always in the top 10. By 2ThinkNow which is the Global Innovation Agency is the most comprehensive city ranking and scoring in this field.

The yearly ranking index is scored for innovation on 3 factors:
Cultural Assets: Measurable sources of ideas (e.g. designers, art galleries, sports, museums, dance, nature, etc)

Human Infrastructure: Soft and hard infrastructure to implement innovation (transport, universities, business, venture capital, office space, government, technology, etc.)

Networked Markets: Basic conditions and connections for innovation (location, military, economies of related entities etc)

Based on those scores the cities are graded into award categories:
NEXUS: Critical nexus for multiple economic and social innovation segments

HUB: Dominance or influence on key economic and social innovation segments , based on global trends

NODE: Broad performance across many innovation segments, with key imbalances

INFLUENCER: Competitive in some segments, potential or imbalanced

UPSTART: Potential steps towards relative future performance in a few innovation segments.

http://www.innovation-cities.com/

All this innovation talk is NOTHING. Atlanta was nothing but the home of Coca-Cola and MLK when it won. Sochi was nothing but a backwater blueprint when it won. Yeah, the 'cache' of being a technology hub may help a little -- but it's not that much of a major factor. Hell, Israel is a major 'technology hub and incubator' and you know they score no points in being a serious Olympic host for at least the next 30 years.

All this innovation talk is NOTHING. Atlanta was nothing but the home of Coca-Cola and MLK when it won. Sochi was nothing but a backwater blueprint when it won. Yeah, the 'cache' of being a technology hub may help a little -- but it's not that much of a major factor. Hell, Israel is a major 'technology hub and incubator' and you know they score no points in being a serious Olympic host for at least the next 30 years.

Yeah. ATOS just come in and take the tech side over anyway.

As the IOC learned with IBM in Atlanta, they don't want the latest tech any more, just the most proven and reliable.

I don't totally disagree on that... just commenting on the fact Innovation is one of Boston's main objectives everyday not just for the Olympics and giving sourced information for the people who say Boston is not one of the top cities in Innovation. We have top Innovators in all categories.

Archived