• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is, uh, pretty much where they want to host the games. Just sayin'

Downtown is OK It's just a lot of homeless and bad at night but that's just like any other downtown and I just looked at the map Don't see Compton or South LA on there. I see Downtown, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Long Beach, and Carson

Well, that's just it, though. IS the city of Boston "interested" in building a new, larger stadium at Olympics specs much, much closer to the city? If yes, that's great. They're a likely contender. If no, then there's not much here to go with, & brings us back to square one, as far as a Boston 2024 candidacy is concerned.

Their preliminary report acknowledged the challenges with a stadium and village, but said the Games were worthy of further exploration. Sounds to me like they're still deciding.

Downtown is OK It's just a lot of homeless and bad at night but that's just like any other downtown and I just looked at the map Don't see Compton or South LA on there. I see Downtown, Santa Monica, Hollywood, Long Beach, and Carson

I suspect the organizers are putting the Coliseum and surrounds into the "Downtown" neighborhood rather than using the traditional "South Central" name. And Carson is smack next to Compton. In fact, the closest metro stop to Home Depot Center (or whatever it's called this week) is in Compton. Gonna be interesting to see how the organizers send people there in their transportation plans.

I suspect the organizers are putting the Coliseum and surrounds into the "Downtown" neighborhood rather than using the traditional "South Central" name. And Carson is smack next to Compton. In fact, the closest metro stop to Home Depot Center (or whatever it's called this week) is in Compton. Gonna be interesting to see how the organizers send people there in their transportation plans.

It's an opportunity for urban regeneration.

LOL @ everyone who just undermined Los Angeles because its venues would be potentially near some disadvantaged parts of the city. Did you all sleep through the 7 years of the London 2012's transformation of the East End? Hell, there were even large riots near the 2012 site prior to the Games.

A potential third LA Olympics has a lot of inspiration to draw from London's third.

Actually, the closest Metro station to the Stubhub Center would be the Harbor Gateway Transit Center in Gardena. The station serves the Silver Line, which is a BRT line, and many other local bus lines. The Silver Line connects to both Exposition Park and LA Union Station, which is fairly close to (one of the) the planned Athletes Village/IBC.

The old logo was nicer, but contained an Olympic Flame motif, which is a no-no. I think it is a good sign to see the new logo because it demonstrates that the folks in Boston are aware of IOC rules regulating bid logos. I'm hope the USOC is aware that changing a city's logo is very trivial; so an attractive logo hopefully won't detract too much from Boston's bid in the domestic competition (or maybe I am wrong here). Regardless, Boston's bid is going to sink or swim based upon its venue plan. Are they bold enough to go the extra mile and offer up a new large stadium for T&F to be converted for the Revs later on? Or are they going to timidly restrict themselves to flawed venues (Gillette Stadium or a preexisting collegiate arena)? My intuition is that the people in Boston have done their homework and will offer the former rather than the latter.

that would be it's only possible justification i guess.

unless as i mentioned they want to be associated with the united states military.

Or Citizens Bank! And the first one was not a flame it's sails for a sail boat and it is the IDENTICAL logo we used for our bid to host the 2014 Gay Games.... They needed to change it the day after they used it

Or Citizens Bank! And the first one was not a flame it's sails for a sail boat and it is the IDENTICAL logo we used for our bid to host the 2014 Gay Games.... They needed to change it the day after they used it

The old one looks more cultural (unlike the new logo). Besides, the (supposed) "representative" of the committee (on Gamesbids forums) said that the sails were suppose to represent the flames, but they'd have to change it because it was against IOC policy. They could have just modified the old logo slightly to prevent trouble (as long as the meaning is still present)...

Archived