• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're right, I don't have to agree with your opinion. Which is why I mentioned my POV on the subject. It's what happens when you post your "opinions" on a *public* forum. :P

*pcelica

ok

But we're talking about an event 11 years in the future, where the host won't be chosen for another four years. I can't see the bombings being a factor at all - apart perhaps the Bostonian citizens' attitudes for whether they want to bid. And I could see that being more: "Yes, we'll bid, we won't let such events cow us!" than being scared off (well, the latest announcement shows they're anything but scared off).

Yes, but who predicted bombing in Atlanta?

At least, for Boston we know that something have already happen and might repeat, so better to prevent.

Good for Boston people :)

All we know that USA has much more enemies than Spain, please

Really? And the U.K. doesn't? I bet after the U.S., the U.K. is right behind on the terrorist list. And Sochi is located right near one of the most volatile regions on the planet, where I'm sure extremists would love to strike against Russia's hard-line stance. And PyeongChang is right next door to a looney North Korean that would also love to blow South Korea off the map. So please get real, pcelica. But you were singleing out Boston, now you're just saying the U.S. in general. Make up your mind, wil'ya.

Really? And the U.K. doesn't? I bet after the U.S., the U.K. is right behind on the terrorist list. And Sochi is located right near one of the most volatile regions on the planet, where I'm sure extremists would love to strike against Russia's hard-line stance. And PyeongChang is right next door to a looney North Korean that would also love to blow South Korea off the map. So please get real, pcelica. But you were singleing out Boston, now you're just saying the U.S. in general. Make up your mind, wil'ya.

You can't compare UK with USA. Uk isn't any more major power.

Sochi and PyeongChang didn'thave terrorist attack, you had it. You predicted it? Oh yeah Maybe you want another Atlanta? If something can be prevented, why not to be

If something can be prevented, why not to be

Of course. Why not? Duh!

Since you, at 18, are SUCH AN EXPERT on security matters and WORLD AFFAIRS, HOW da phuck do you read the minds of one individual (that Randolph guy in Atlanta) or the Unibomber or even the Tsarnaev brothers?? They just strike in the US because it is easier to obtain materials and ingredients in the U.S. than in say, Russia.

Tell us how we CAN learn from your ever-bubbling font of knowledge and YEARS of experience.

All we know that USA has much more enemies than Spain, please

Ha, the irony of a Serb branding other nationalities as having more enemies than others. Serbian nationalism is one of the most evil things to happen to Europe since Nazi Germany. If you want to talk about number of enemies, basically all of Euorpe and the developed world views Serbia with contempt.

Ha, the irony of a Serb branding other nationalities as having more enemies than others. Serbian nationalism is one of the most evil things to happen to Europe since Nazi Germany. If you want to talk about number of enemies, basically all of Euorpe and the developed world views Serbia with contempt.

We are not bombed by those ''enemies'' you talk about unlike some :P

Evil? huh

Let's mention old civilizations in America, how they almost diappeared, black people slavery, explatation

modern crisis that USA makes when need money, make some crisis and earn money selling weapons. Hitler showed you how war industry is profitable job and you took his receipt.

What left of Lybia and North Africa?? Nothing, nobody mentiones them now, but when USA needed money....it was good area to earn money

Sochi and PyeongChang didn'thave terrorist attack, you had it. You predicted it? Oh yeah Maybe you want another Atlanta? If something can be prevented, why not to be

can_t-tell-if-trolling.jpg

What an amazing logic fail this is.. you talk about countries having enemies. But then Sochi and PyoengChang?.. no, nothing to worry about there. You think Russia and South Korea don't have enemies? Considering what a complete and total whack job Kim Jong Un is, I'd be moderately concerned holding an Olympics so close to North Korea. Boston got attacked in part because there was a major event there. London got attacked because it's a large city with a vulnerable transportation system. You know what there's never been a terrorist attack in Sochi or PyeongChang? Because no terrorist gives a crap about those cities. They're too small to make a statement. Sure, Sochi will probably be secure for next year's Olympics. The Russians will probably spend an obscene amount of money (which is probably necessary) to keep those games safe.

I don't even know why we're arguing with you here. You're obviously living in a fantasy world (you do list your location as Hogwarts after all) and the fact that you'd mention Hitler?.. wow, could you possibly be more of an ignorant a-hole douchebag? Give it a rest. No one is ever going to have a serious discussion with you here.

Consider the source, folks. Pcelica is the one who started a thread advocating for Copenhagen and Havana as Summer hosts.

Of course the bombing isn't going to affect a Boston bid. If ongoing, everyday crime in Rio didn't cause problems for them, then one freak attack (that would've been impossible for any city to foresee) is not going be an issue for Boston.

It's not worthy of debate. Let's move on.

Let's mention old civilizations in America, how they almost diappeared, black people slavery, explatation

modern crisis that USA makes when need money, make some crisis and earn money selling weapons. Hitler showed you how war industry is profitable job and you took his receipt.

What left of Lybia and North Africa?? Nothing, nobody mentiones them now, but when USA needed money....it was good area to earn money

This I agree with.

But saying Boston;s chances of hosting have take a huge hit due to an incident that could have happened anywhere is far fetched. If Boston is USA's choice I am sure the bombing won't if be of concern to the IOC.

Sochi has had terrorist attacks, but they probably aren't deemed newsworthy which is why you don't know about them....

http://boycottsochi.eu/lack-of-security/100-bombing-sochi

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-35700542_ITM

Google search Sochi bombing (use their advanced search to exclude the word "Boston") and you'll get more info.

Suffice to say, you go on about the US having enemies. You think Russia doesn't?!

PS. Please can you make your signature much smaller, it's ridiculous having to scroll through all those pictures and videos on each of your posts. Thanks! :D

Sochi has had terrorist attacks, but they probably aren't deemed newsworthy which is why you don't know about them....

http://boycottsochi.eu/lack-of-security/100-bombing-sochi

http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-35700542_ITM

Google search Sochi bombing (use their advanced search to exclude the word "Boston") and you'll get more info.

Suffice to say, you go on about the US having enemies. You think Russia doesn't?!

Once again (and not so shockingly) it's impossible to tell what thread I'm in based on what's being talked about. Shows what I know about Sochi. Interesting to note the date of that attack.. August 7, 2008. The day before the Opening Ceremony in Beijing. Not to try and read anything into that, but it is an interesting coincidence that a terrorist would hit a future Olympic site the day before an Olympics is to begin. Given the source of this article, it's a little too extreme where they say the Olympics should have been moved away from Russia, but thank you Rob for unequivocally proving pcelica wrong.

Well, not just Sochi has suffered terrorist attacks. But if our little ms juvenile here is going to generalize the entire U.S., then we can do the same with Russia.

Have we forgotten already the bombings in Moscow's subway back in 2010, & their airport bombing back in 2011, each incident killing around 40 people.

Sochi's 2014 Winter Games are going to be "Russia's Games", so lets not think that some Chechyen extremists won't be tempted to try & sabotage their Games. The Olympics can be a target no matter where they're held.

Read more about the Boston 2024 State House hearing:

Boston Globe:
http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2013/05/07/legislative-committee-hears-support-for-bill-study-boston-olympic-bid/ciMAmH2XSF0gy5XJHAmJaL/story.html

CBS WBZ 4:
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/07/state-officials-consider-bid-for-2024-olympic-games-in-boston/

Lowell Sun
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/05/07/state-officials-consider-bid-for-2024-olympic-games-in-boston/

Western Mass 22News

Interesting that security was the only thing they focused on. I might be wrong but this doesn't look that serious to the IOC at least.

If you check out the links below, you'll see that there was much more covered than security during the 2 1/2 hour hearing yesterday. 13 business leaders, elected officials, Olympians, and Boston Exploratory Committee members testified before the Joint Committee for Travel Tourism and Culture.

Archived