This is exciting. I'm bias here so can't really give a realistic view, but I think it's good news and that we finally have an American city indicating a real interest in hosting the Games. If the big four (NYC, Chicago, SF and LA) won't end up trying, Boston or Philly seem like a good alternative.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both SanFran and Boston have there positives and negatives, but one problem lies within their potential bid, and most American cities bid. Do they have a legacy plan? What will become of the stadiums and arenas once the games are over. Will they be put to use? Or will they be demolished?

In Boston, TD Garden would most likely be used for gymnastics or basketball. After the games it goes back to being the home of the Boston Celtics of the NBA and the Boston Bruins of the NHL, meaning 82 dates would be used. After the games, San Fran would use the basketball arena to try to bring the Golden State Warriors to town from neighboring Oakland. None of the arenas that would be used for sports like basketball, gymnastics or indoor volleyball would be white elephants.

It will be easier for San Francisco than for Boston, however Boston will need to build an Olympic Stadium from 0 and after that they can pull something intresting. Boston is small but Atlanta is smaller and hosted 1996.

Boston is small but Atlanta is smaller and hosted 1996.

Have you been to both or either? Atlanta only had a smaller metro population than Boston today but Atlanta has a larger land area (133 sq.mi vs. Boston's not quite 90 sq.mi.) It had/has enough open land to accommodate many new venues; a lot of Boston is already built up and I am sure they want to keep their open spaces. Further, what is Boston's legacy story? It has enough stadia for the sports it hosts. Atlanta was able to build a good legacy program. You cannot compare the 2.

When people who doesn't know Boston read about the city theyr giving mostly information on the inner core of the city, which is small . This is a link to a map of Greater Boston. Inside the area surrounded by the pink line are cities/towns close to the city at the most 15mins driving to downtown Boston. These are home to tons of colleges and universities.

http://www.i95boston.com/images/interstate_95_boston_map.gif

At the risk of sounding a little skeptical here.. a new poster comes in with the name Boston2024 and posts something I'm not seeing anywhere else online. Not that I'm necessarily doubting you, but it would be reassuring to see someone not directly tied with the bid (and clearly you are since it's "our future site") make mention of this somewhere other than this website or in self-created social media. And I will respectfully disagree with FYI that the mention of state government involvement suddenly makes this the most substantial thing out there.

Gillette Stadium - owned by Robert Kraft. Used during the summer by the New England Revolution, also owned by Robert Kraft. Lots of development in the immediate area. Would serve as no more than a football venue for an Olympics. Unlikely to be replaced again in the same location

It's an Exploratory Committee we have not announced to the media until be have some more concrete reports completed. And why wouldn't the person in charge of the Social Media for Boston-2024 not have a screen name called Boston-2024 LOL...

And from personal experience as a Board Member of Bostons Bid for the 2014 Gay Games which is they LARGEST Sporting and Cultural Event in the world to and above par to the Olympics, this is an extremely feasible opportunity for Boston. Boston couldn't be a better fit for the Summer Olympics, and all of the cities and surrounding Sports Teams & Owners are fully on board to this kind of event coming to the city of Boston.

And it only works with the support of everyone working together, not claiming it wont work because of XYZ when you really need to be a part of XYZ to know how it works and if its possible, and this is very possible. The only downfall is the heavy list of heavyweight cities biding and that the USOC has not confirmed if the US will Bid for an Olympics then or ever...

Boston is not viable.

Look at a map of the bloody city, there is no land. This isn't China were you can bulldoze some Southey's homes to build an Olympic Park. And if by miracle land was found for the main stadium (which cannot be foxboro) where is everything else. The events would be spread out all over the city and surrounding cities. It would be enough to send anyone responsible for the logistics to the looney bin. I cannot impress on anyone here how unbelievably not viable Boston is. Boston is considerably worse off compared to NYC with regards to land and is probably the only major American city that has no hope of landing the Olympics ever. Philadelphia is better suited to the games.

90% of the Olympic Host Cities that have to build all of their venues is because 1) they don't have any sports in their country, especially to the size of 10,000 participants at once. and 2) they need the infrastructure to begin with. Almost all US Candidate Cities already have the Venues in place and just need upgrades and the rest is to make it Olympic Grandeur not because they don't have the Capacity... Boston has far more Capacity then 75% of any major city in the US. Boston is a Sports Meca & Capital and Home to the OLDEST and FIRST Modern Day Marathon. Every Elite Runner in the World has gone on recorded saying they would fully back & participate in a games held in Boston.

90% of the Olympic Host Cities that have to build all of their venues is because 1) they don't have any sports in their country, especially to the size of 10,000 participants at once. and 2) they need the infrastructure to begin with. Almost all US Candidate Cities already have the Venues in place and just need upgrades and the rest is to make it Olympic Grandeur not because they don't have the Capacity... Boston has far more Capacity then 75% of any major city in the US. Boston is a Sports Meca & Capital and Home to the OLDEST and FIRST Modern Day Marathon. Every Elite Runner in the World has gone on recorded saying they would fully back & participate in a games held in Boston.

Doesn't matter if you can't find a sutiable location for the main stadium.

What did you just mean to say about the gay games vs Boston’s feasibility to host the Olympics?

In terms of the number of Participants they are the same and Gay Games has more Cultural Participants then the Olympics, in terms of Sports and Venues they are nearly the Same the Olympics obviously encompasses a greater spectrum of events but again same total athletes. The infrastructure has been well thought out and researched for an event this large multiple times and we already hold events with more people.. And the Gay Games puts on their event without the need to build all the extra venues because it's already available... The Olympics is clearly something that can't compare in that its the Olympic Games and that alone is reason enough to find ways to build grand stadiums for the world to see. But we all must remember the IOC is taking the side and spreading the message of SUSTAINABILITY like we all should. Rio will be the first completely Sustainable Olympics and I for see it being not only the best in the world but the new way of the Games.

(and please Everyone research before dropping facts, this is supposed to be a discussion not a You Suck and We are Better then you, it's fine to think its a fat chance Boston will win, but don't give reasons that are clearly not true)

But we all must remember the IOC is taking the side and spreading the message of SUSTAINABILITY like we all should. Rio will be the first completely Sustainable Olympics and I for see it being not only the best in the world but the new way of the Games.

That's not entirely true. Sure, Rio already has the main stadium, as well as the athletics stadium. But they still have to build other venues & they also are embarking on quite a transportation upgrade in order to better link the 4-cluster concept involved in Rio's 2016 plan.

If the IOC were truly "taking the side & 'spreading' the message of 'SUSTAINABILITY'", then Madrid would've won 2016 since they REALLY have virtually all the venues built & the transportation network in place to move everyone around the venues. Heck, even Tokyo & Chicago weren't proposing as much transport upgrade.

Also, the IOC would've chosen more "sustainable" Munich over PyeongChang if that truly was the message that the IOC id trying to "spread". As far as sustainability goes, the IOC still has quite a bit to in order to put their money where their mouth is.

No one, I think, here is saying that Boston "sucks" or that others are better than you. Other than merely pointing out how some points might not/would not work or vice-versa. I personally think that Boston could make for an interesting U.S. locale. But as usual, the venue plan is what's always the great challenge, & in particular for any U.S. city.

Doesn't matter if you can't find a sutiable location for the main stadium.

So because you quote with no knowledge that we don't have a suitable location for the main stadium that makes it fact?... first lets get the distance rule out of the way... There is no distance rule! It's quite obvious it should be in the center of it all, but clearly not required. and 9 times out of 10 a new Neighborhood is created because it can't be in the city itself..

1992 and 2010 were widely dispersed. Torino had locations in 4 different parts of the country, Rio is split into four clusters rather then concentrated in a single area. and Nagano had events that were 43 MILES from the stadium thats double Gillette.

Harvard Stadium the first stadium dedicated to American Intercollegiate Athletics and one of the largest college outdoor venues in the US . Capacity up to 35,323 - nearly 10,000 greater with upgrades.

• Pyeongchang - Capacity: 50,000 - Structure: Temporary!
  • Sochi - Capacity: 40,000 - Structure: New
  • Vancouver - Capacity: 50,000 - Structure: Existing!
  • Turin - Capacity: 28,000 - Structure - Existing!
  • Salt Lake City - Capacity: 45,000 - Structure - Existing!

30 Olympic Stadiums have been EXISTING Structures - 5 Olympic Stadiums were TEMPORARY Structures

30 Olympic Stadiums have had Capacities UNDER 50,000

You have to remember that it's really based on the Population of that City not the Olympics.

Gillette Stadium home to the New England Patriots & New England Revolution Soccer is the largest football stadium in the Mid America Conference. Capacity: 68,756 (Football) 30,000 (Soccer) Notable Events: AFC Championship Games, 2002 MLS Cup, 4 FIFA Women's World Cup Soccer Games, NCAA Men's Lacrosse Championships 4x and the Future Location of Super Bowels L and XLIX - 20m south of Boston & 20m North of Providence

OH! Can't forget the fact it has it's own TRAIN DIRECT FROM THE CITY TO THE STADIUM!

Fenway Park speaks for itself - Capacity 37.400

Other Venues:

TD Garden

MIT Aquatics Center

MIT Stadium

Harvards Blodgett Pool

BU Aquatics Center

Back Bay Events Center

Walter Brown Arena

George Wright Gold Course

Harvards Murr Center

Harvards Beren Tennis Center

Harvard McCurdy Track & FIeld

BU Track & Tennis Center

Charles River Sailing

Moakley Field

Ohiri Field

The list gooooooes On!

Shall I list the Operating Costs for you!?

It's an Exploratory Committee we have not announced to the media until be have some more concrete reports completed. And why wouldn't the person in charge of the Social Media for Boston-2024 not have a screen name called Boston-2024 LOL...

Did you actually laugh out loud just now? I just find it odd that 3 people in support of Boston have suddenly shown up here pushing support for their bid. I don't know if you've been to this site before, but it's often the nature of the crowd here to shoot down bid cities' dreams. I will admit though.. I am intrigued by this and I know I'm not the only one that will absolutely want to hear what you guys have to present (whenever that is). But permit me to remain a little skeptical here where the first we're hearing of all this is you coming to us.

And from personal experience as a Board Member of Bostons Bid for the 2014 Gay Games which is they LARGEST Sporting and Cultural Event in the world to and above par to the Olympics, this is an extremely feasible opportunity for Boston. Boston couldn't be a better fit for the Summer Olympics, and all of the cities and surrounding Sports Teams & Owners are fully on board to this kind of event coming to the city of Boston.

I'm not familiar with the Gay Games, but let's back the train up here. In doing some research, I see the 2006 edition in Chicago featured 11,500 athletes from 70 countries in a 9-day event. Don't think I can really put that on par with the Olympics except for number of athletes (and I will note.. my screen name is Quaker2001 because I graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, home of the Penn Relays, annually host to more than 14,000 competitors). So since you are probably someone who knows the particulars of the Gay Games, please tell us.. how many spectators do they draw? What is the media presence? Are there requirements for hotel rooms in the area? I did some research and see that the attendance for the Gay Games in Chicago was 140,000. A single day of 2 sessions worth of Athletics can draw more than that. So if you're actually saying the Gay Games are on par with the Olympics, I call bullshit on that one. And if the hyperbole is "Boston couldn't be a better fit for the Summer Olympics".. that sounds nice, but like you said, it's a heavyweight list of cities out there you're competing with, so good luck with that one.

And it only works with the support of everyone working together, not claiming it wont work because of XYZ when you really need to be a part of XYZ to know how it works and if its possible, and this is very possible. The only downfall is the heavy list of heavyweight cities biding and that the USOC has not confirmed if the US will Bid for an Olympics then or ever...

That's a pretty big downfall. And I'm sure you're aware of this, but it's an expensive endeavor to bid for an Olympics. Ask the folks in New York and Chicago about that one. Like I said, we're a naturally skeptical crowd here and we're not trying to deny you're dreams here, but remember what you're up against. Sure it may be "possible," and it could work, but a lot of other cities can make that claim and that's what you're going to be up against. Again, I wish you good luck. I certainly encourage you to share your findings and information with us here because we'll be happy to hear about it, but we can't promise we'll be all that receptive if Boston doesn't seem like it's going to have what it takes to compete with some of the other cities out there in the bidding.

I have never heard anyone compare the G-games and the O-games like that.

Also, the sustainability things is debatable, often the IOC seems to favor the biggest flashiest most excessive plans.

I wish Boston luck if they bid.

The Last 5 Gay Games have had more Athletes then the Olympics by 1,000 or more Athletes and that's not Including the multiple thousand people in the cultural events. And between 2 and 5 more Sports.

Gay Games - (35 Sports)

Cologne - 11,000

Chicago - 12,500

Sydney - 11,000

Amsterdam - 13,038

NYC - 11,200

Vancouver - 8,000

San Fran - 5,000

San Fran - 1,500 *Games #1

Olympics - (29-34 Sports)

London - 10,500

Beijing - 10,900

Athina - 10,500

Sydney - 10,700

Atlanta - 10,300

Barcelona - 9,300

Before this 6,000 or Less

And here we go. Let's break this down a little bit and you're not helping your case here, TeamRik

Harvard Stadium.. I've been there before, both as a spectator and as media. All those stadiums you compared Harvard Stadium to are Winter venues. It's going to take a lot more than 50,000 seats to be the centerpiece stadium for an Olympics. Harvard Stadium is anything but a spectator-friendly stadium and does not have room for an athletics track. If they want to use it for anything more than football, I have to imagine they need to demolish it and build it from scratch.

Gillette Stadium.. Been there before as well. Out in the middle of nowhere and a good distance from center city Boston. And personally, I did just laugh out loud that you mentioned Super Bowls because that is 100% inaccurate. Good for them there's a train direct from the city to the stadium. You're right there's no distance rule, but good luck competing against other cities' whose stadium are closer to the main IOC hotels and the Olympic Village.

Fenway Park.. It's a baseball stadium. Can I ask what use that is for an Olympics if baseball is no longer included?

If you have more facts and figures, I'd love to see them. And 1 other thing.. all of the surrounding sports teams and owners are fully on board? Are they really? I find that one hard to believe if this is only an exploratory committee in the early stages of planning. Is John Henry really going to give you his stadium to use for 2 1/2 weeks and just say "here you go, it's all yours?"

Again, pardon me to be skeptical, but if all you have so far is to note the capacity of Harvard Stadium (compared to Winter Olympic hosts) and Gillette Stadium, which has never hosted and probably never will host a Super Bowl, I think you need to work a little harder at this.

The Last 5 Gay Games have had more Athletes then the Olympics by 1,000 or more Athletes and that's not Including the multiple thousand people in the cultural events. And between 2 and 5 more Sports.

Gay Games - (35 Sports)

Cologne - 11,000

Chicago - 12,500

Sydney - 11,000

Amsterdam - 13,038

NYC - 11,200

Vancouver - 8,000

San Fran - 5,000

San Fran - 1,500 *Games #1

Olympics - (29-34 Sports)

London - 10,500

Beijing - 10,900

Athina - 10,500

Sydney - 10,700

Atlanta - 10,300

Barcelona - 9,300

Before this 6,000 or Less

Wow.. seriously? And tell us how many spectators. Because for an Olympics, that accounts for HUNDREDS of thousands of people. Media members, especially for a Summer Olympics, account for another 20,000. Please tell me you're not actually trying to argue the merits of the size of the Gay Games based on a difference of about 1,000 athletes, which is discounting the fact there are only 70 nations competing versus over 200 for the Summer Olympics

Did you actually laugh out loud just now? I just find it odd that 3 people in support of Boston have suddenly shown up here pushing support for their bid. I don't know if you've been to this site before, but it's often the nature of the crowd here to shoot down bid cities' dreams. I will admit though.. I am intrigued by this and I know I'm not the only one that will absolutely want to hear what you guys have to present (whenever that is). But permit me to remain a little skeptical here where the first we're hearing of all this is you coming to us.

I'm not familiar with the Gay Games, but let's back the train up here. In doing some research, I see the 2006 edition in Chicago featured 11,500 athletes from 70 countries in a 9-day event. Don't think I can really put that on par with the Olympics except for number of athletes (and I will note.. my screen name is Quaker2001 because I graduated from the University of Pennsylvania, home of the Penn Relays, annually host to more than 14,000 competitors). So since you are probably someone who knows the particulars of the Gay Games, please tell us.. how many spectators do they draw? What is the media presence? Are there requirements for hotel rooms in the area? I did some research and see that the attendance for the Gay Games in Chicago was 140,000. A single day of 2 sessions worth of Athletics can draw more than that. So if you're actually saying the Gay Games are on par with the Olympics, I call bullshit on that one. And if the hyperbole is "Boston couldn't be a better fit for the Summer Olympics".. that sounds nice, but like you said, it's a heavyweight list of cities out there you're competing with, so good luck with that one.

That's a pretty big downfall. And I'm sure you're aware of this, but it's an expensive endeavor to bid for an Olympics. Ask the folks in New York and Chicago about that one. Like I said, we're a naturally skeptical crowd here and we're not trying to deny you're dreams here, but remember what you're up against. Sure it may be "possible," and it could work, but a lot of other cities can make that claim and that's what you're going to be up against. Again, I wish you good luck. I certainly encourage you to share your findings and information with us here because we'll be happy to hear about it, but we can't promise we'll be all that receptive if Boston doesn't seem like it's going to have what it takes to compete with some of the other cities out there in the bidding.

I have been on here for a very long time, long before Boston Considered. I have had my own dreams of that... My Comments come from me personally and my experience and research, Obviously people who are passionate and knowledgeable on the Topic are going to post...

And I don't necessarily disagree with you being skeptical, it's a major major endeavor from all sides for ANY City or Country and Skeptics are going to be Bostons largest problem. I personally am 100,000% for this and will be behind it (and I crack up every time I see that Boston or someone in Boston thought we were going to bid for a winter olympics) But I do have some reservations with the other contenders for 2024 and why we have still yet to add our name to the list of candidates.

I think Boston is the PERFECT candidate to Bid for the first US Youth Olympic Games especially because of our sports heritage and legacy and since we are the 3rd Healthiest State and have Gone from 10th to 3rd in less than 2yrs and highest amongst Youth ..

I think Boston is the PERFECT candidate to Bid for the first US Youth Olympic Games especially because of our sports heritage and legacy and since we are the 3rd Healthiest State and have Gone from 10th to 3rd in less than 2yrs and highest amongst Youth ..

Ahh, now that one I think is much more realistic and I think Boston would be a good location for a Youth Olympics. I don't know if the USOC would be interested in going after that, but if they do, then I like Boston's chances are competing much better.

And here we go. Let's break this down a little bit and you're not helping your case here, TeamRik

Harvard Stadium.. I've been there before, both as a spectator and as media. All those stadiums you compared Harvard Stadium to are Winter venues. It's going to take a lot more than 50,000 seats to be the centerpiece stadium for an Olympics. Harvard Stadium is anything but a spectator-friendly stadium and does not have room for an athletics track. If they want to use it for anything more than football, I have to imagine they need to demolish it and build it from scratch.

Gillette Stadium.. Been there before as well. Out in the middle of nowhere and a good distance from center city Boston. And personally, I did just laugh out loud that you mentioned Super Bowls because that is 100% inaccurate. Good for them there's a train direct from the city to the stadium. You're right there's no distance rule, but good luck competing against other cities' whose stadium are closer to the main IOC hotels and the Olympic Village.

Fenway Park.. It's a baseball stadium. Can I ask what use that is for an Olympics if baseball is no longer included?

If you have more facts and figures, I'd love to see them. And 1 other thing.. all of the surrounding sports teams and owners are fully on board? Are they really? I find that one hard to believe if this is only an exploratory committee in the early stages of planning. Is John Henry really going to give you his stadium to use for 2 1/2 weeks and just say "here you go, it's all yours?"

Again, pardon me to be skeptical, but if all you have so far is to note the capacity of Harvard Stadium (compared to Winter Olympic hosts) and Gillette Stadium, which has never hosted and probably never will host a Super Bowl, I think you need to work a little harder at this.

HAHA I love when people pick and choose... You missed the entire point of course... more then have the host cities have utilized EXISTING STRUCTURES... Therefore we can do the same and remodel the point is we have the space & the locations.. And Gillette is infact nominated for both those superbowls L has been chosen now.. And Yes... they have a Commuter Train Line... something other cities would build :-)

The others were venues that can be utilized not specific to sport or ceremonie but proof of existing structures... if a Baseball Stadium can accommodate 40,000+ people why can't it host an Opening and Closing Ceremonies? Last I checked that wasn't specific to sports type LOL.

I am not on the exploratory committee, I am an Athlete and And as I said a board member for many of these events. And Yes if those Billionaire Men are 100% onboard with the LGBT Community and the Federation of the Gay Games and bringing Sports and Culture to the Sports Titile USA and a large Economic bost for the surrounding communities, then I most definitely they would be on board for The Greatest Sporting & Cultural Event of Our Time!

All I have!? What do you have? You have sat in the stadium and commented it is old. I have not only been a spectator in every venue in New England but I have also competed in them, I have sat through 100's of hours of committee meetings planning an event JUST like this oh wait sorry a few less days! And I have 1,000 page bid books and venue specs and financial pages that you could circle the Globe With :-)

My standing here is Boston is Viable. My Other Standing is You Can be Skeptical but you can't preach Stupid, Ignorant, Fact-less Information without getting a Response. I've said my piece to the original post, I'm gonna call it a night and let you stick with what you know and what I dont.

I'm gonna call it a night myself, but since you mentioned the Super Bowls, maybe I'm just tired, but when you get up in the morning, please tell me where Gillette Stadium is mentioned for Super Bowl L... South Florida a finalist with S.F. for 50th Super Bowl

Or where Gillette Stadium was ever considered for Super Bowl XLIX.. NFL says Tampa, Arizona are 2015 Super Bowl host finalists

The others were venues that can be utilized not specific to sport or ceremonie but proof of existing structures... if a Baseball Stadium can accommodate 40,000+ people why can't it host an Opening and Closing Ceremonies? Last I checked that wasn't specific to sports type LOL.

Glad you think that's so funny. I find it amusing you're not aware that the minimum seating requirement for the Opening and Closing Ceremonies is 60,000. Not to mention that the USOC generally sets their minimum at 80,000. That's why Fenway Park can't host the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of a SUMMER Olympics. Surely one of your 1,000 page bid books must mention that

Look, I'm not trying to be a contrarian here, but there are key facts and figures I'm offering here that you don't seem to be taking into consideration. So I'd hardly call my posts fact-less. If you're trying to advocate for Boston as a Summer Olympics host (a Youth Olympics is a different story, much less whatever the requirements for the Gay Games are), please understand why some of us are poking holes in your plans here, especially when you're trying to tell us that a 40,000 seat Fenway Park is an acceptable host for the Ceremonies (for the Youth Olympics yes, not for the Summer Olympics) or that distance isn't going to matter with Gillette Stadium.

And I'll Repeat Again... Those Venues were examples of existing infrastructure .. the first 2 were viable for Opening/Closing LOL...

Oh Required comes from you once again... where did I say that any of our locations would be used "AS IS"... Man you are so not worth it. I need to restrain my passion sometimes but Ignorance is not how you debate...

Boston is just as Viable if not more then any of the other US Cities. And where we lack in some areas we make up with it in being a Sports & Culture Meca the Sports Title Capital and the Home to the Oldest Marathon with the First Women's Olympic Marathon Champion coming direct from our own backyard who at 55yrs of age can still qualify... You know those things are part of the equation as much as you want to pick and chose what to contradict everything you have listed can be fixed, upgraded, built... But Our Legacy and History and What our State has Accomplished in the last 10 Years are Etched in Stone Forever!

Definitely agree with you there. As well as the Gay Games (I'm still amazed they're being hosted by Cleveland! Now THEY'RE not ever really gonna be regarded any time soon as Olympic material).

But you didn't do your argument much good by trying to claim the GGs are "bigger" than the Olympics. They're both events on a totally different scale. The GGs run on a comparative shoe-string (and don't even always manage that - Sydney lost a lot of money, and the rival Montreal games hit Chicago a bit I seem to remember). They rely on existing facilities, don't call on the need for an official village, most, if not all, competitors self-fund themselves and stay at hotels. The big competitor numbers come from the large amounts of age-divisions in every discipline. In the GGs case most of the spectators are the actual competitors too, or are there for the big circuit party they are outside the sports fields. Bugger all media coverage or interest outside the gay press. Really they're an overgrown Pride festival.

That said, the notion of a Boston bid is always one that intrigues me. I think between the universities and its history, it does have a high and positive profile outside the US and could be sellable provided it had a workable plan in place. LIke to hear more if this evaluation develops.

BTW - how "official" is this exploratory plan. If it's soliciting on the internet and facebook and it had any official backing, you'd think there'd be some mainstream media mention of it, at least in Boston itself. I've looked. Nada. Is this anything more than some local fan dream?

Archived