Baku 2015 European Games

I really doubt it. Another unsettled post-Soviet dispute which lingers on 25 years later and people on either side are not able to come to a sensible solution.

I agree. So let's get the facts and disputes straight from the Soviet Union area:

Russia VS Ukraine = Crimea.

Russia VS Ukraine = Tuzla Island and Straight of Kerch.

Russia VS Ukraine = Sarych.

Russia VS Georgia = South Ossetia.

Russia VS Estonia = Ivangorod and Pechorsky District.

Armenia VS Azerbaijan = Nagorno-Karabakh.

It's definitley not a coincidence that Russia's name keeps popping up.

• 2 weeks later...

Baku 2015 "In very good shape" for first European Games says Hickey. Full story here - http://www.insidethegames.biz/major-games/european-games/baku-2015/1019270-baku-2015-in-very-good-shape-for-first-european-games-says-hickey - Source: Inside the Games.

I just thought, will Armenia compete at the 2015 European Games in Baku, Azerbaijan? I ask because of the Political Tension between Armenia and Azerbaijan with Nagorno-Karabakh Territory. Also, Armenia did withdraw from the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest Hosted at the Baku Crystal Hall in Baku, Azerbaijan. So like I ask, will Armenia compete at the European Games or not?

I believe Armenia will compete at the 2015 EG in Baku. ESC 2012 was only a song contest. However, EG 2015 is a multisport event with at least 8 kind of sports being classified as "Olympics-qualification events" for Rio-2016 and at least 1 kind of sports (wrestling) being classified as continental tournament. Taking into consideration the experience of Armenia in taking part in global or continental sport events in Azerbaijan with the latest AIBA World Boxing Championship 2012 that took place in Baku, I seriously doubt a possibility of withdrawal.

Athletes Village at Baku 2015 European Games will be World Class. Full story here - http://www.aroundtherings.com/site/A__46700/Title__Athletes-Village-at-Baku-2015-European-Games-Will-Be-World-Class/292/Articles - Source: Around the Rings.

Some more Construction photo's of the Baku Olympic Stadium here - http://stadiumdb.com/constructions/aze/baku_olympic_stadium - Source: StadiumDB.com

Brilliant progress. I have one question. I love the Baku Gymnastics Arena, but in the Renderings, those 'Ribbons' on the Facade where going to have colour, but in real life, they don't?

Brilliant progress. I have one question. I love the Baku Gymnastics Arena, but in the Renderings, those 'Ribbons' on the Facade where going to have colour, but in real life, they don't?

Well, the ribbons are of white colour but they are illuminated at night ;)

1922286_690153101049302_371280349_n.jpg

Clegg appointed to top role at inaugural European Games

Simon Clegg, the former Chief Executive of the British Olympic Association and Ipswich Town Football Club, has today been appointed as Chief Operating Officer of the Baku 2015 European Games Operating Committee (BEGOC). His appointment follows the recent departure of Chief Operating Officer Jim Scherr.

Clegg, who is presently the European Games Executive Director for the event's rights holder the EOC, will relocate to Baku this week. He will cancel all other consultancy contracts presently undertaken through his management company Zeus International Management. Clegg's previous experience includes managing Team GB athletes at 12 Olympic and Olympic Winter Games, Chief Executive of the European Youth Olympic Festival in Bath (the largest international multi-sport youth event ever staged in the UK) and being an IOC appointed expert on the Athens 2004 Operational Working Party. Clegg also led the political and PR campaigns to persuade the British Government and Mayor of London to bid for the 2012 Olympic Games before becoming a bid director and subsequently joining the board of London Organising Committee of the Olympic Games as director.

http://www.baku2015.com/en/press-center/28-04-2014-3.aspx

Some positive news from Baku :)

Agreement signed on holding Grand Prix stage of Formula 1 race in Baku

An official agreement on holding one of the stages of the Grand Prix Formula 1 race in Baku in 2016, has been signed in the Azerbaijani capital, spokesperson of the Ministry of Youth and Sports Samaya Mammadova told Trend on April 30.

The race, likely to be called the "European Grand Prix", will take place in 2016 - a year after Baku hosts the First European Games.

Azerbaijan will be the second country in the former USSR (after Russia) to host the Grand Prix stage of the Formula 1 races.

The race will take place around the streets of Baku.

The agreement was signed with the president of Formula 1, Bernie Ecclestone.

The championship's calendar consists of 19 stages, with the possibility of its expansion to 22 stages per year. Thailand, South Africa, Greece, Argentina and Mexico also claim to be included in the calendar.

http://en.trend.az/news/society/2269007.html