Sixth Annual GameBids Olympic Logo Contest

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that one's a lot like NYC 2012. I didn't like the NYC logo but it seemed really polular. I thought it was disrespectful to the statue of liberty.

Because mine is similar, you don't find mine disrespectful to the Eiffel Tower, do you? And why did you find that disrespectful to the Statue of Liberty?

LOL..again,another provocative issue raises,i can smell you bad intention! ..let me tell you once again for the last time,yeah,he is my brother but we stay hundreds miles away from each other!just like you and others contestant!and i ask him just like any other contestant ask about each others entry!instead of pm him,i ask him on this thread so that anyone can see what is the story behind it!is it any problem for you? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

i think it's different with le tour, the liberty and the winner were an awkward juxtaposition IMO.

I thought it was a GREAT juxtaposition; one of the BEST graphic representation of a unique NYC icon and the universal image of an athlete hitting the finishing tape -- combined together to tell the Olympic aspirations of a great city!!

The Paris one above is a clear child of that NYC 2012 logo.

as an observer I'd guess it represents the tensile roof of the old Munich stadium.

isn't that your brother who uses your computer? you should just ask him.

we not sharing laptop... precisely i study in sungai petani kedah (industrial design), and my bro aismanggo study in kuala lumpur(interior design)..its 450km...if you are good in computer,plese check it(i dont know how to do it)..dont just bashing me,because i have twin brother that have same interest

I thought it was a GREAT juxtaposition; one of the BEST graphic representation of a unique NYC icon and the universal image of an athlete hitting the finishing tape -- combined together to tell the Olympic aspirations of a great city!!

The Paris one above is a clear child of that NYC 2012 logo.

I know I know...most people thought it was GREAT, one can’t deny it's mass appeal.

However, I thought it dated, cliché, juvenile and lazy, hardly a creative effort befitting the city. As I drove around yesterday in NYC I saw inspiration throughout the city that dwarfed that effort, it wasn’t good enough and obviously neither was the bid.

LOL..again,another provocative issue raises,i can smell you bad intention! ..let me tell you once again for the last time,yeah,he is my brother but we stay hundreds miles away from each other!just like you and others contestant!and i ask him just like any other contestant ask about each others entry!instead of pm him,i ask him on this thread so that anyone can see what is the story behind it!is it any problem for you? :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

I love you have 5 angry faces, one for each ring, I hope it was intentional.

I don't see what's so sacrosanct about Lady Liberty. Off the top of my head, if Abbott and Costello can have her ducking to avoid a rocket, and Ghostbusters have her coming to life to wreak havoc in Manhattan, using her as a bid logo for a global event to bring the youth of the world together in harmony seems a pretty worthy use by comparison. And I gotta admit I was a big fan of the 2012 bid logo - I thought it was a very clever juxtaposition of the raised torch and and arm lifted in triumph. And totally, undeniably, recognisable as "New York". No explanation or inside knowledge needed. I'd even go as far as saying, IMO, it was one of the best bid logos ever.

I didn't dislike NYC 2012, but I didn't love it.

On the plus side, it was clean and obviously NYC. On the minus side, I found it chunky and lacking in poetry and creativity. It seemed like a fast, simple answer to the need for a logo, but it didn't capture my imagination. There was something sort of basic about it.

Incidentally, I don't think the Statue of Liberty is sacrosanct and I wasn't bothered by the use of it.

Archived