since 18oct,this thread is quite.im thinking that we should have a new design competition.just a minor one that wont take long..any idea on what it should be?i have a few ideas

1)rio torch and cauldron design

2)2020 olympic stadium

3)2020 olympic logo

4)rio mascot

5)masterplan design

since 18oct,this thread is quite.im thinking that we should have a new design competition.just a minor one that wont take long..any idea on what it should be?i have a few ideas

1)rio torch and cauldron design

2)2020 olympic stadium

3)2020 olympic logo

4)rio mascot

5)masterplan design

I think there may be a danger of overdoing it with competitions. Whilst I cannot speak for everyone here (and certainly don't claim to do so), I think the point has been made on previous occasions that there is the risk of competition fatigue. What's the point of having a competition if we've just been through a fairly thorough (and, may I add, rather intense) bid/logo hybrid competition for the 2024 Olympic Games. Surely that's sufficient for the time being!

My suggestion would be to go back to the drawing board and maybe stage a bid competition that culminates in the announcement of the winner for the 2028 Games, parallel to next year's real-life IOC Session in Buenos Aires that will decide on the winner of the real 2020 Games. So, we're talking about a period between end of July and mid-September for preparing bids, campaigning for them, their Evaluation (including a cut-off) by a group of Gamesbids elders and the final vote by the full forum acting as the IOC.

If Paul or someone else wished to organize that with transparent rules and consistent governance of the same, I'd be thrilled to participate once again (and hopefully some of my fellow competitors as well).

How about a competition on universiade logos? Nobody really cares about the event, but the tradition of always having a stylized U is a great challenge to designers.

How about a competition on universiade logos? Nobody really cares about the event, but the tradition of always having a stylized U is a great challenge to designers.

It would really be little different to an Oly logo comp, but with a U instead of the rings - and I think the people here get a bigger kick out of using those five rings.

Can we scrap the stadium design contest tho? It's so... skyscrapercity. Like, woo omgaaaahh pretty stadium render best bid evarrrr it deserves to be host city~*~*

Cool!

im thinking of to make "brand and look" contest for rio 2016..a simple minor competition,what you guys think?

I'm for it...if we do it will we be able to completely redesign the look and feel of Rio 2016?

im thinking of to make "brand and look" contest for rio 2016..a simple minor competition,what you guys think?

That sounds really fun! Someone needs to make that.