Torino 2006 Olympic Torch FOR SALE!

Guardian

Unbelievable! I can't believe what I'm seeing in eBay NOW!!

Yes, someone in Italy is already decided to try to sell his/her Torino 2006 Olympic Torch on eBay. You don't believe me? Come see this link for yourselves:

Torino 2006 Olympic Torch For Sale In eBay (7-Day Sale Period)

Have $2,500 US to spare? There is another Torino 2006 Olympic torch for sale, but it seems that the link I'm trying to post here doesn't seem to want to work here. Starting price: $1,400 US.

Have $2,500 US to spare? There is another Torino 2006 Olympic torch for sale, but it seems that the link I'm trying to post here doesn't seem to want to work here. Starting price: $1,400 US.

Oh, well, he is trying again to sell it, but with the other ones being sold at lower prices, he may be holding on to it again.

Why Torino torches cost more than Athens'?

I think the chief reason for it right now is the way the Torino 2006 Olympic torches have been going through at this time. All the ones that have been in eBay so far, including the ones that I couldn't put links here for some reason, have been USED in the relay so far. It is more likely that the ones that have NOT BEEN USED, which there will be some in eBay in the near future, are being "put on hold" at this time.

Of course, it is by chance on how the Olympic torches of the past will be on sale and who is willing to buy them. Besides, I have seen cases of Olympic torches in the past being sold "at lower prices." So, I wouldn't worry about the perceived lower prices of the Athens 2004 ones yet. I'm sure that it will pick up eventually.

well, there's this guy selling one for US$1.75!!  No misprint.  That's what he's asking for.  (I think he put in the wrong figure; but that's his problem -- until he corrects it.  However, once you've listed it; you can't change it.)

Correction from initial post made here. I'm seeing it now! I can't believe it! What is this person thinking??  ???

Well, the sales that occurred have been impressive. Ranges of final sales for the Torino 2006 Olympic torches so far go from US$1,196 to US$1,425. And, yes, the number of bids seen has been as high as 50 for one of them.

well, there's this guy selling one for US$1.75!!  No misprint.  That's what he's asking for.  (I think he put in the wrong figure; but that's his problem -- until he corrects it.  However, once you've listed it; you can't change it.)

Correction from initial post made here. I'm seeing it now! I can't believe it! What is this person thinking??  ???

Baron, at this time, it is at the US$12 mark. Also, 9 bids have been made so far here. As well, there are 2 other ones on sale at this time.

For those interested in getting to see what other Torino 2006 Olympic torches and related items that may interest you in eBay, I'll post this link:

Link

Of course, it will depend on where you are and if they are available to you by the seller in question.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the last post here and with 4 weeks to go before the Torino 2006 opening ceremony, FOUR Torino 2006 Olympic torches were successfully sold in eBay. The high range has been extended to US$1,822.

(By the way, that Torino 2006 Olympic torch that had a very low starting price, the final sale price ended up in the usual price range.)

• 2 weeks later...
Since my last post here and with the Olympic Flame returning to Cortina d'Ampezzo today, FIVE more Torino 2006 Olympic torches were successfully sold. One of them had a starting price of just $1 US. The highest price sold is still $1,822 US. However, the cheapest price ever sold so far for this kind of item was $999 US.

• 7 years later...
  • 3 years later...