07.00. Olympic Transport & Cluster Concept

>> OLYMPIC CITY ZONE

==>>>> [1] - Olympic City Cluster

| 10 sports : Athletics (Track & Field | NOT MARATHON), Aquatic Sports, Gymnastics, Box, Tennis, Table Tennis, Wrestling, Batminton, Hockey, Waterpolo

- OLYMPIC VILLAGE - OV

- MEDIA VILLAGE - MV

- INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING CENTRE - IBC

- MAIN PRESS CENTRE - MPC

==>>>> [2] - Esenler Cluster

| 4 Sports : Equetrian, Shooting, Fencing, Modern Pentathlon

istanbul2020cluster04.png

>> COASTAL ZONE

==>>>> [3] - Ataköy Cluster.. <<-- click for cluster sattelite photo - threat GB-forums

| 4 sports : Basketball (in place), Judo (in place), Sailing (marina.. in place), Cyclisme - TRACK (Velodrome to be build),

==>>>> [4] - Old City Cluster

| 4 Sports : Handball (in place), Cyclisme - FIELD | Athletics - Race Walks | Triathlon

istanbul2020cluster05.png

Fatixx, r they going to build those circular walls around those clusters? :blink:

Hmm... I'm really curious with Bosphorous Stadium... Can't wait to see a render of it!

I think that Bosphorus stadium is just going to be a set of temporary stands with a stage against the European side of the City serving as a backdrop. I don't think it's going to be any spectacular landmark since it will be used just for the 4 Ceremonies.

I think that Bosphorus stadium is just going to be a set of temporary stands with a stage against the European side of the City serving as a backdrop. I don't think it's going to be any spectacular landmark since it will be used just for the 4 Ceremonies.

And how will they get that stage away from their rowing venue within a few hours?

And how will they get that stage away from their rowing venue within a few hours?

Who said the Ceremony stage will be on the water? R they going to have Rowing right on the Bosphorus? They're crazy. The Bosphorus is too rough and turbulent for Rowing. For yachting/sailing, yes; but not for Rowing. I am sure the Rowing Federation will say "No."

Who said the Ceremony stage will be on the water? R they going to have Rowing right on the Bosphorus? They're crazy. The Bosphorus is too rough and turbulent for Rowing. For yachting/sailing, yes; but not for Rowing. I am sure the Rowing Federation will say "No."

there will be wave breakers around the area for rowing. wont affect from the streams

Oh, OK. that's different then. But still, it's going to be difficult to secure a 2,100m course to make it still-water in a rough body of water to begin with.

do u remember te breakers on te asian shore? may be u saw them if u take the ferry... about 1,5/2 km long across the asian shore to make the ferries ave a safe voyage during south winds. it will be enough to secure rowing comp. if it protects ferries for undreds of years :)

do u remember te breakers on te asian shore? may be u saw them if u take the ferry... about 1,5/2 km long across the asian shore to make the ferries ave a safe voyage during south winds. it will be enough to secure rowing comp. if it protects ferries for undreds of years :)

No; I didn't see those. And I don't remember anyone pointing them out to me. But it's still questionable whether the international Rowing federation will find this acceptable. All the Olympics have had them in specially built rowing basins, or in the cases of Rome, LA and Atlanta, in small lakes. I think Rio will have theirs in a sheltered cove.

No; I didn't see those. And I don't remember anyone pointing them out to me. But it's still questionable whether the international Rowing federation will find this acceptable. All the Olympics have had them in specially built rowing basins, or in the cases of Rome, LA and Atlanta, in small lakes. I think Rio will have theirs in a sheltered cove.

in any case we have golden horn as a back up:)

here a small pic.

abca7880aa8011e180d51231380fcd7e_6.jpg

If the Golden Horn is less windy, that might be the better place...because I know the IRF prefers windless days on which to hold their competitions. In LA and Atlanta, they held the competitions before 10am because the wind hadn't kicked up much. I remember the Bosphorus as quite windy; so it'll probably be at the Golden Horn.

• 2 months later...

>> BOSPHORUS ZONE

==>>>> [5] - Taksim Cluster..
| 2 sports : Weightlifting (in place - Congress-Valley Auditorium) + Rugby (in place - Inönü Football Stadium),

==>>>> [6] - [Haydar Pasa] Port Cluster -- OC & CC (opening & closing ceremonies)
| 5-6 Sports : Football (in place - Feberbahçe stadium) | Athletics - Marathon | Beach Vollayball, Volleyball, Canoe-Kayak & Archery

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/209/istanbul2020cluster06.png/'>istanbul2020cluster06.png

Uploaded with http://imageshack.us'>ImageShack.us

• 2 months later...

>> FOREST ZONE

==>>>> [7] - [belgrade] Forest Cluster..
| 4-5 sports :

* in place: Türk Telekom Stadium (football)

* to be built: National Shooting Centre (shooting) ,

......................Cycle Park (Cycling; BMX, mountainbike),

......................Olympic Whitewater Stadium (Canoe-Kayak)

istanbul2020cluster08.png[/img]

==>>>> [8] - [Ata-City Arena] Stand Alone Venue -->> click to topic
| 1 Sports : Volleyball --> Asian Side

Archived