AFC Asian Cup - Australia 2015

Excited to see Asian cup 2015 very soon!

Found official mascot.His name is Nutmeg. Born in Blue mountains,west Sydney.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=793938923987181&video_source=pages_finch_thumbnail_video

I've ever heard;

• Motif is wombat.
  • He loves football since he was a baby.
  • His special football technique is called "Nutmeg" :lol: .(you can see it at 0:25 of the video.)
  • He loves to welcome tourists.
  • He can distinguish the difference of the sounds of the ball even if he's 1 mile away from the place.

Hello fellow Gamesbids forumites,

I am currently living and working in Melbourne, Australia and will

be attending the opening Australia vs Kuwait match at AAMI Park

tomorrow, really looking forward to it, should anyone be attending

that same match or any other game in Melbourne feel free to message me, :)

:) I will see if I am able to post the photos of me at the game tomorrow.

• 3 weeks later...

Arab countries in the Persian Gulf have urged the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to dismiss Australia whose presence in the body since 2006 has not gone in their favor.

AFC chief Sheikh Salman Bin Ibrahim Al-Khalifa said Thursday that not only Arabs, but other football confederations in West Asia are no longer happy with Australia’s presence in the AFC.

Salman said in an interview with Dubai-based newspaper al-Ittihad that there are clear indications that a desire exists among the football associations in West Asia to see Australia evicted from the AFC.

I see it only natural that Australia's presence in the AFC is raising voices as it is not always considered an Asian country and has qualified quite easily to two World Cups in a row taking a spot fom a 'real' Asian nation. Australia has of course benefitted from all this but hasn't given much in return. The only thing puzzling me is how they got to AFC so easily in the first place because this should have been foreseen but didn't cause any objections back then as far as I know.

Australia as a society has long figured out that its future is not with Europe, specifically the UK and Ireland historically, but with Asia with them as its neighbors. The soccer has been slow in coming since its 2006 admittance to the AFC; we haven't seen the Matildas in the Olympics lately since joining. Even then-OFC president Raymond Tenerferi (sp?) at the time recommended Australia should go into the AFC, so it can have better and more consistent competition and be better prepared and qualify for World Cup competition. I can recall reading a Socceroos fan's webpage from 2002-05 about his thoughts and issues raised of said Asian nations decrying Australia's possible admittance. Australia and New Zealand are already in as Asian Volleyball Confederation members. What's it meant by Australia "not giving much in return"?

I see it only natural that Australia's presence in the AFC is raising voices as it is not always considered an Asian country and has qualified quite easily to two World Cups in a row taking a spot fom a 'real' Asian nation. Australia has of course benefitted from all this but hasn't given much in return. The only thing puzzling me is how they got to AFC so easily in the first place because this should have been foreseen but didn't cause any objections back then as far as I know.

Well we have just given Asia a hugely successful championship after no one else put in a bid.. Australia has also lifted the quality of Asian football- which has been pretty bad lately.

I think it was extremely rude for this to be brought up as Australia hosts this tournament and prepares for the final. It is an ungrateful slap in the face to your hosts, and something they could have brought up next week when it was all over.

Wow, that's really low. They seem butthurt that they've taken a World Cup qualifying place from the rest of Asia, so this is really something for FIFA to sort out. I've said for ages that they should just merge the OFC into the AFC & merge the Americas into one confederation, maybe then FIFA can do a thorough look at WC qualifying places & their allocation.

What a night. An Asian Cup win over an actual decent side and the Queensland state election resulting with a probable slim Labour majority! All I need is a cheesy crust BBQ meatlovers pizza, REM's 'Monster' blaring loud across the wilds of inner Brisbane and a blowjob and it is indeed the perfect day!

We've been supposedly trying since 1960! It was only natural for us to go to AFC to reduce unnecessary playoffs against countries like Uruguay (which although we can afford it, is quite frankly far away). It helped New Zealand get a spot for the 2010 World Cup after we moved as the OFC winner gets a half shot chance (a better one) to get to a World Cup.

Hasn't given much in return? We just hosted one of the best Asian Cups out there, much better than the abysmal farce that was Qatar 2011 and their expected farce for 2022. With Australia making more presence in the world stage, this is having great effect locally, where local sporting codes tend to dominate over the world game.

Archived