Sochi 2014 - Venues Updates Gallery

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's 2005 vs late 2013 (I hope it can be enlarged to its original size!)

Okay, another tip Tony. If you're commenting on pics, no need to hit the quote button and repost all those pics again - especially if it's a long series of hi-res pics. Some people have older tech or

Well, depends. The apline skiers seemed okay with the test event two years ago (some grumbling about the downhill course, but a lot of it was with the setup rather than the hill, and that's out of the

• 2 weeks later...
Team Canada won the 2013 IIHF World U18 Championships

team USA won the silver and the bronze went to team Finland and Russia in the fourth place

this tournament were the last test event held in the 2014 Sochi Olympic venues for the 2012-13 season.

Congratulations Team Canada!

8689637293_0c7a26d9ae_b.jpg

25 players and like, 10 officials? Wow. Those must be among the largest teams that are sent to an Olympics-like tournament??

Ice hockey has pretty large teams in general. Its 23 players generally for international tournaments (including the Olympics), plus teams usually bring a few skaters in case there is an injury right before the tournament (sometimes a team will be allowed to replace a player during the tournament if there is a severe injury). I think Baseball used to be more, but now Ice hockey is the sport with the most athletes per team.

I want one of those quilts!

It reminds me of Atlanta.

Funny too how those buildings in the mountain athletes village resemble the Sochi 2014 bid logo, those jagged peaks.

However, the interiors aren't too great... somewhat dated - kinda like its Sochi 1994. Thats typically Russian. I noticed when I was there that they do not do modern interior design so well.

50 million bucks and THAT’S the lamp, mirror and chairs in my room………seriously? :angry:

Somebody’s Olympic dream is going to end prematurely when one of those chairs collapses on an ankle before game day.

RH_05_13_1.jpg