Sochi 2014 - Venues Updates Gallery

world atlas

• Replies 526
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fisht Stadium seem behind schedule...

Whats with the rainbow pedestrian bridges? Is it supposed to be ironic?Meanwhile the stadium - while very impressive - looks really behind schedule. We have just on 6 months now (in fact less when you consider the bump in and rehearsal required for the Ceremonies.

I was just wondering the same thing. We're under 500 days to OC so it certainly feels like this is cutting it close. How close to OC was London's Staduim handed over for rehearsals? Or the Bird's Nest?

I was just wondering the same thing. We're under 500 days to OC so it certainly feels like this is cutting it close. How close to OC was London's Staduim handed over for rehearsals? Or the Bird's Nest?

IIRC London's Olympic Stadium was completed and fully fitted out just over six months prior to the OC... and Beijing's was about the same.

As a comparison, this is an image from Wikipedia showing Beijing's Olympic Stadium 11 months prior to the OC, in Sept. 2007:

File:Beijing_National_Stadium_Interior_2

While I get that the Sochi Stadium has a purely 'cosmetic' in its Ceremony only role - it still (like the Summer counterparts) needs to be ready by a certain point for the Ceremony bump in - which usually is around 2 months prior. When you compare it to the Beijing example (which looks structurally more advance almost a year before) it makes you wonder if there are delays in Sochi we're not hearing about?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8f/Beijing_National_Stadium_Interior_200709.jpg

Hard to tell with this park and the stadium weather they are in crisis mode or just fine. The park looks very unfinished in the general areas, but if they plaster (unlike London) TONS of “look” all over it’ll probably fill gap and could still be spectacular.

Looked a couple times for best construction update sources but gave up after never finding anything good. If anyone knows any please post.

I feel like that shell should be well under way by now but nothing. And does anyone have any plan showing what that temp roof was to look like? It’s all very mysterious.

/\/\ :blink: Ready-made jails?? The balconies are "cages"? So they won't take the offenders to county Jail but just place them under 'house arrest' by placing a front set of bars in certain balconies. Whew!! What a relief! I thought they'd have to haul Weir & friends over to the City jails where they could get raped. But not in the village. This is a well-designed community w/ great security!!

/\/\ :blink: Ready-made jails?? The balconies are "cages"? So they won't take the offenders to county Jail but just place them under 'house arrest' by placing a front set of bars in certain balconies. Whew!! What a relief! I thought they'd have to haul Weir & friends over to the City jails where they could get raped. But not in the village. This is a well-designed community w/ great security!!

Who needs visitor trolls, it seems that this forum has its own resident troll! :blink:

Archived