Sign in to follow this  
Ben Sutphin

Past Bids

Does anyone know of list or a database of past Pan American Games bids similar to the one of past Olympic Games bids available on this website? I'm writing a paper on the economic effects of hosting the Pan Am Games and I need to compare nations that hosted the games to nations that bid for them. Thanks a lot.

Does anyone know of list or a database of past Pan American Games bids similar to the one of past Olympic Games bids available on this website? I'm writing a paper on the economic effects of hosting the Pan Am Games and I need to compare nations that hosted the games to nations that bid for them. Thanks a lot.

What is it you need the host cities of the events? Check wikipedia. Most of the bid cities per the event title are listed. In 1990 London, Ontario lost a bid due to governmental pressure which might help your paper.

I need all of the cities that bid for each games. Yeah, Wikipedia has a lot but I'm really looking for a complete if one is available. That's interesting about the 1990 games.

I don't think there is a list sorry. Maybe e-mail the USOC

Edited by intoronto1125