Sign in to follow this  
stryker

Legacy mode

was there an Albert square anywhere or are they planning to?

The catch is, there already is an Albert Square in Stratford (though obviously, it uses the main Stratford E15 postcode).

Martijn- splendid galleries! Did you do all that exploration on foot, or did you get a Boris Bike?

The catch is, there already is an Albert Square in Stratford (though obviously, it uses the main Stratford E15 postcode).

Martijn- splendid galleries! Did you do all that exploration on foot, or did you get a Boris Bike?

Thanks!

By foot:

(Hackney Wick station) - QEOP - (Waterden Road / Westfield Avenue) - Montfichet Road - (Westfield) - East Village

Nice pictures, apart from the first one which lets face it hasn’t been taken from a very revealing angle.

Intriguing! What were you hoping to see revealed?

I am so proud to have this Amazing Park in my City. I will be visiting the Aquatics Centre when it opens, so I will take a few pictures.

TBH, i don't like the legacy mode of the aquatic centre. it's like a dove getting it's wings removed.

I think of it more as like somebody gorgeous getting their baggy winter clothes removed.

i don't know where to put this but i'm surprise that they didn't find any remains on the park. the documentary eastenders states that the east end is notorious dumping ground for the Mitchell brothers

http://www.scmp.com/news/world/article/1387723/body-chinese-bride-li-hau-cao-buried-under-london-olympics-site

Golden rule- never dump corpses in your own postcode area. Also, you really need major foundation work (large bridges being the favourite) to hide a body properly. Most of the Olympic Park area was covered with light structures (or railway lines) before the 2012 project.

Well I do beleave its by the canal

Ah, right. If you're therefore referring to the first picture in Martijn's second set of images (headed "Part 2: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park"), showing the Combined Heat and Power plant- that's actually quite difficult to photograph satisfactorily from the canal side. Here's my best shot:

chp1.jpg

The £154m cost of converting the Olympic stadium into a new home for West Ham includes retractable seating over the running track. But unlike other venues, the seats will not be fitted with a hydraulic or electrical mechanism.

Instead, they'll be pushed and pulled into place by a team of stadium workers. The process will take up to seven days. That means the track is likely to remain covered throughout the football season from August to May.

Full article & video: http://www.itv.com/news/london/2014-01-06/stadiums-retractable-seating-pushed-and-pulled-by-hand/

daily-express-logo.gif

110MPH WINDS BATTER BRITAIN
"Floodlights installed by Polish builders only two years ago just flew off roof" our source sensationally claims!

nyhy.jpg

"It wouldn't have happened if Diana was still alive..."
Read more from the Bloke down the Pub - Comment - Pg 10

old-man.jpg

Edited by Rob.

Sign in to follow this