Legacy mode

stryker

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

James Corner – the designer behind New York’s fantastic High Line – has created a stunning new public space for you to enjoy from 5 April. This will include tree-lined boulevards, as well as a series of exciting 'outdoor rooms’ that will provide spaces for play, music, theatre and more.

Children will be able to jump, swing and climb in the red 'play room', which will feature water pumps and timber play elements.

And a series of 'event rooms' will provide a beautiful setting for gatherings, as well as musical and theatrical performances.

The 'Water Labyrinth' is another attraction that children and adults alike will enjoy – a 'ribbon' of jet streams from the ground will create spectacular interactive walls of water!

Here you can see an artist's impression of the 'Water Labyrinth' as well as a CGI of how it will look when it opens to the public on 5 April. We hope you're as excited as we are about this stunning new part of the Park!

1622735_244556489049602_1392200114_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/queenelizabetholympicpark

1606908_244828879022363_509886996_n.jpg

More on the south of the Park - the brand new Podium will act as a hub, featuring a cafe as well as a box office and gift shop for the ArcelorMittal Orbit.

Its podium-like design celebrates the iconic sporting memories of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games, and it will also be home to the Pixel Wall – an interactive piece of art that will allow visitors to 'draw' and 'write' by rotating the its many wooden cubes.

Located at the foot of the ArcelorMittal Orbit, there will also be a roof terrace that invites you to take in amazing views of the Stadium, Aquatics Centre and beautiful surrounding gardens and waterways.

The image here is an early artist's impression of how the Podium will look - please be aware that its appearance is subject to change (image courtesy of James Corner Field Operations).

Via

This really is gonna be one of the best bits of London when it's all done. What's the quickest way to Stratford from Victoria?

I've tried the TFL planner but it won't play ball (or cricket, this is England after all :lol:)

Right. At Victoria, get on the District Line to Mile End. From Mile End, take the Central Line to Stratford. Estimated time from Victoria - Stratford = 37 Minutes.

Ah, thanks Tony, that's simple enough. @JMark, coming in from darkest Sussex, you don't get much choice :lol: Well, unless you change at Brighton for St Pancras.

No problem. I am a Human A-Z of London, as you might of noticed Lol.

Brighton to London Bridge then Jubilee line straight to Stratford?

I thought Yoshi came from the East, not Brighton? He said his going to Victoria. So I took it from there.

You know, I was looking at a Tube map just now, & noticed Oxford Circus lol. It'd be nice if they printed travel times between the most popular stations on the Tube map :lol:

I went on the Official TFL website, and it gave me the details I gave you. Even though I knew, I just double checked on TFL.

Umm...you can PM her directly, just find one of her posts, click where it says 'Palette86' & then click on 'Send me a message'. :)

Can you empty your inbox please. I need to PM you. Again, this is the last off topic post.

Archived