Legacy mode

stryker

It took me an hour I couldnt get anywhere near the site before that. Its going to be an incredible atmosphere, dare I say even better than last year, could it even be better than that, it will be such a party atmosphere. A stadium full of people that really want to be there, going to be incredible!!!!!!!!!!!

I Agree! Really looking forward to it. Friday and Saturday are now sold out. In 1,5 hours!

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Provisional Timings & Schedule

IAAF Diamond League

Friday 26th July

Doors Open 17.00

Event Timings 19:00 - 22:00

Men: Women:

100m 800m*

200m* 1500m

400m* 5,000m*

800m 400m hurdles*

Discus* 4x100m

High jump* Pole vault*

Triple jump*

Saturday 27th July

Doors Open 12:00

Event Timings 14:00 - 17:00

110m hurdles* 100m*

1 Mile (Emsley Carr)* 200m

3,000m 400m

400m hurdles 100m hurdles

3,000m steeplechase* Long jump

4x100m Shot put*

Long jump* Javelin*

Pole vault

*Denotes part of the IAAF Diamond Race. For more information visit: http://www.diamondleague.com/en/Diamond-Race/Overview-Disciplines/

Please note that this is subject to change. Event timings will be confirmed in due course.

IPC International Challenge

Sunday 28th July

Doors Open 13:00

Event Timings 15:00 onwards

T43/44 100m T33/34 100m

T35 200m T12 100m

T42 200m T37 100m

T53 100m T35 100m

T36 100m F42/43/44 Long jump

T54 200m F31/32/51 Club throw

T12/13 1500m

T46 100m

T36 800m

F44 (42) Discus

F57/58 Javelin

* Please note these are subject to change

Tweeps, we won't be releasing any more tickets. Tickets still available for the @IPCAthletics Challenge on Sunday but they're going fast!

Shock horrer. I moved away from London after the Olympics/Paralympics, so its not so easy for me to visit the Olympic park.
I’m now living near this
Northumberlandia_gb30857.jpg

But hopefully I will be able to get to London to see progress on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic park

The anniversary event sounds fantastic!!

But I cant imagine the atmosphere could be better than this.
7909079160_f40767da30_b.jpg

Final Few Tickets Remaining!

Don't miss out on your chance to purchase tickets for the final day of the Sainsbury’s Anniversary Games on the 28th July at The Stadium, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park which will feature fourteen Paralympic medallists, including four gold medallists!

Remaining tickets for the IPC International Challenge will be available for you to buy from 10:00hrs on Tuesday 23rd April.

Confirmed events are as follows. To see a list of confirmed athletes, please click here

Men:

T43/44 100m

T35 200m

T42 200m

T53 100m

T36 100m

T54 200m

T12/13 1500m

T46 100m

T36 800m

F44 (42) Discus

F57/58 Javelin

Women:

T33/34 100m

T12 100m

T37 100m

T35 100m

F42/43/44 Long jump

F31/32/51 Club throw

* Please note these are subject to change

Please note, tickets are selling incredibly fast and you are encouraged to buy as soon as possible to avoid any disappointment.

Link: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/35004A82E6E1AAF7?did=uk19regfr

or: http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/35004A82E6E1AAF7

Nice taster video ahead of the Park's partial re-opening in a couple of month's time

The park look great!!

But the video?

Hmm From Piccadilly Circus onward i.e. the last quarter of the videos Is nice.

The rest is under whelming, to corporate to start with a shot of cannery wharf, that’s not what the Olympic park I about.

As I said during the Olympics people should walk there along the canal it the best way to arrive.

Half hour walk from the angel.

Just 500 tickets remaining for the Sunday of the Sainsbury's Anniversary Games! Get yours now! http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/event/35004A82E6E1AAF7

About The National Lottery Anniversary Run

2013-04-17-stadium-perspective.jpg

In the summer of 2012 the nation was transfixed as history was made. Now it is your turn to tread in the footsteps of legends. Be the first back to the Stadium.

The National Lottery Anniversary Run will take place on 21st July 2013. The 5 mile course will traverse the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, before reaching a thrilling conclusion on the track inside the stadium. Each runner will have the opportunity to bring two friends or family members to cheer them on to the finish line. To enable children to be part of the action, there will be a shorter distance Family Run where kids can participate accompanied by an adult.

ENTRIES OPEN AT 9 AM – THURSDAY 25th APRIL 2013

Entries will be on a first come, first served basis.

By playing The National Lottery, the public provide crucial funding to our Olympic and Paralympic athletes and supported a glorious summer of sport. The National Lottery Anniversary Run, staged in partnership with the London Borough of Newham, celebrates this contribution and the life-changing support players continue to give both grassroots and elite sport in the UK.

http://www.nationallotteryrun.com/

Im loosing track of the events in the park this summer, it should become a really really vibrant part of the city. I know loads of people attending festivals/concerts, the anniversary games and people applying for the run tomorrow. What a legacy we are actually going to get.

Rugby World Cup boost for Olympic Stadium

By Adrian Warner

Sports news correspondent, BBC London

Organisers of the 2015 Rugby World Cup are planning to give London's Olympic Stadium a major role in the tournament.

The International Rugby Board is considering playing five games at the stadium in east London.

Major teams are expected to play there to maximise the ground's 60,000 capacity.

It was originally thought that the stadium, which is on a shortlist of 18 grounds to host games, would only stage one or two matches.

The IRB is expected to confirm the fixtures soon.

The Rugby World Cup board met in March and said "appropriate time should be given to allow every possible opportunity to include the Olympic Stadium, one of the world's most recognisable venues".

Organisers of the tournament, the IRB and Olympic Park officials are all keen to use the ground to maximise ticket revenues.

Premier League football team West Ham will move into the stadium,which was built for the London 2012 Games, in time for the 2016-17 season after it is configured following the World Cup.

Essex are also hoping to play some Twenty20 cricket games there.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/22287174

Archived