Sign in to follow this  
Citius Altius Fortius

Thank you London, Thank you UK...

But I bet you'll get accustomed to watching Olympic Games on TV again when Sochi 2014 comes. ;)

mhh, I don't have any plans so far to go to Sochi, but maybe that will change... ;)

But Malmö 2013 and Rio de Janeiro 2016 are on my "to do list"...

SkyNews is doing a full coverage of the Athletes' parade (done now) and the Celebrations at Buckingham (live)

Does some of our UK members know who are the 2 presenters of the "thank you" celebration show ?

Does some of our UK members know who are the 2 presenters of the "thank you" celebration show ?

Helen Skelton and Ben Shepherd. I had to cheat, though - I looked it up in the tweets about the athletes' parade. ;)

One of the really lovely things about the parade today (I had a volunteer Mall ticket!) was the sheer number of thank yous. The police to the volunteers, the volunteers to the police and army, the volunteers to each other, the general public to all of the above, the public and volunteers to the athletes and the athletes back to the crowd. Several had cards and banners saying thank you to the crowd and volunteers... it was a giant mutual appreciation moment!

I'll add a fresh thank you for all the lovely comments above. I'm a little sad right now since it's all over... but these definitely won't be my last Games! Now to figure out which my next will be...

• Like 2

One of the really lovely things about the parade today (I had a volunteer Mall ticket!) was the sheer number of thank yous.

but these definitely won't be my last Games! Now to figure out which my next will be...

I didn't manage to win the Mall Ticket draw but I went into London to check things out and see the fly past. I had so many thank yous and 'great jobs' from random people on the Tube and in the streets. Fantastic :)

And I'm also looking at which games I can volunteer at in the future.

Glasgow might be a bit tricky - too far away.

But I figure I may be living near NYC one day so I'll be hoping for a 2024/2028 games there.

I think one of the major "secrets of success" was that the people wanted to have fun and esteemed the Games as an opportunity to share their country/city as stage of an international event...

You felt like at home in London during the Games and everybody was sharing something with everybody else... (does this sentence make sense in English ;) )

Sign in to follow this