Sign in to follow this  
paul92

London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony

Just like ARD for the opening ceremony, the ZDF broadcast of the closing ceremony started half an hour late. But unlike ARD, they are now apparently showing the whole ceremony from the start, just with a half-hour delay of course. ARD only showed a few short clips of what had happened in the first half hour and then cut live into the parade of nations at the opening ceremony.

While it's not bad to see the ceremony in its entirety instead of being butchered, it annoys me to know that the actual live ceremony is far more ahead already. ;)

As I can see in the live stream on paralympic.org, Coldplay is already playing - while ZDF still shows the entrance of the nations' flags.

Rory Mackenzie's speech before the entry of the flags was amazing!!!

... and he is a sexy looking guy, too!! ;)

Just like ARD for the opening ceremony, the ZDF broadcast of the closing ceremony started half an hour late. But unlike ARD, they are now apparently showing the whole ceremony from the start, just with a half-hour delay of course. ARD only showed a few short clips of what had happened in the first half hour and then cut live into the parade of nations at the opening ceremony.

While it's not bad to see the ceremony in its entirety instead of being butchered, it annoys me to know that the actual live ceremony is far more ahead already. ;)

As I can see in the live stream on paralympic.org, Coldplay is already playing - while ZDF still shows the entrance of the nations' flags.

I was really annoyed by the ARD's broadcast - I am looking forward to watch Coldplay - the stadium looks amazing again - and I would love to be right there (like a good friend of mine)

Edited by Citius Altius Fortius

It's especially annoying that we can't really join the live discussion of the other members and are still at another stage of time, so to speak.

• Like 1

Everyone so silent now? ;)

On the IPC live stream it seems to be mainly a Coldplay concert with some special effects surrounding it. A bit underwhelming, isn't it?

Oh sorry, I totally missed the winter scene gotosy wrote about. It's too much multi-tasking for me already, switching between the time-delayed ZDF broadcast and the live stream. ;)

This pretty much has turned onto a Coldplay concert. I expected another groups to perform as well.

This is a bit divisive; coldplay fans (and there are a great many) will be delighted. They aren't really my particular cup of warm beverage. The LED panels still look fantastic though.

After the travel through the 4 seasons the Rio 2016 segment will begin. And now we have a boat in flames.

I like the heavy steampunk content of these ceremonies, but the execution is kinda forgettable. Like I said before, since Coldplayed appeared the ceremony transformed onto a concert by them.

And finally something different. The British Paraorchestra

But even more than in the Olympic closing ceremony, you can see that Kim Gavin is usually a concert choreographer. It totally looks like a big stage show, but it doesn't really have the feel of a closing ceremony for a big sports event.

Thing is, a concert featuring Coldplay and Rihanna would sell out in minutes anywhere in the world, with the possible exceptions of North Ko

exception of North Korea and Iran

I've decided to focus on the IPC live stream now - that way I don't get confused. ;) I can re-watch the parts I missed on ZDF later.

Inc. a quadraplegic trumpeter playing computer generated trumpet thru a straw

That symbol in the stage looks like a huge transmutation circle or a symbol taken from the Ars Goetia :lol: expect the usual conspiracy theory lovers to bring that up later.

And now Viva la Vida by Coldplay.

We're now at summer, so this is the last segment before the handover.

Those flags in the LED screens look so beautiful

And for those who were tired of Coldplay, good news cuz it's over. The Hymne L'Avenir as the Paralympic Flag is lowered

They're playing the Hymn in Bossa Nova style :lol: an obvious reference to Brazil

Althouuugh, there's also a guy with a sitar and a saxophone, so..xD

And now the clarinets. A beautiful arrangement! They should do something like this also with the Olympic Anthem.

Sign in to follow this