Sign in to follow this  
paul92

London 2012 Paralympic Games Closing Ceremony

Are they finally removing the petals and handing them over now..oh wait.

Coldplay is now the playing the second-to-last song already. Is this ceremony really that short? Or is something about to come after their performance?

Goodbye, London. Thank you for these wonderful olympics/paralympic games. One of the best games I remember.

Vejo você no Rio de Janeiro :D

• Like 1

"Nobody said it was easy

Oh it's such a shame for us to part

Nobody said it was easy

No one ever said it will be so hard

I´m going back to the start"

Very poignant and fitting lyrics for this moment. I wonder what their last song will be - "Everything's Not Lost"?

Coldplay is now the playing the second-to-last song already. Is this ceremony really that short? Or is something about to come after their performance?

Maybe to shut up all the fangirls who complained for their absence at the olympics? :lol:

The video montage during Coldplay's The Scientist was amazing. Most inspiring images to come out of all 4 ceremonies. And fitting song too, given the lyrics ("Nobody said it was easy")

It's incredible. All these years are suddenly over. It started for me in 2001 when my home region started to plan its bid with Duesseldorf for these 2012 Games - and it was a great spirit of "Yes, we could do it", although that was unrealistic regarding IOC standards for host city sizes. Duesseldorf lost in the national race, then Leipzig was our candidate and we actually knew it stood no chance. Then I became a big Paris supporter and was a bit miffed at first when London won on July 6, 2005. One day later, all that was changed by my anger about the terrorist attacks and my solidarity for all Londoners. The seven years after that have flown by - and now London 2012 and the whole race for the 2012 Games definitely belongs to history. It almost breaks my heart. ;)

So well put. Thank you.

And to get even more melodramatic about it all (;)): When the quest for 2012 started, I was only 18 years old. One month from now, I'll turn 30. It's a bit like a farewell to my youth now. ;)

Obviously we are never going to agree on what was the best games ever, how about...

London 2012: The happiest games ever?

^^ I was sixteen when London got the games. Now i'm 23 years old. Seems like yesterday.

A wonderful touch as well that the announcers thanked the organisers, the athletes and volunteers for "an unforgettable summer and for inspiring a generation".

And then it's over. Pretty much of a knockdown, isn't it?

Wow, I just finished watching the closing ceremony. Wasnt that looking forward to it but thought id give it a try as ive heard the paralympics closings are normally the least interesting of the ceremonies. But I disagree, that by far beat the closing of the olympics and even the paralympics opening!!

Fun, great music, entertaining, interesting, emotional and the fireworks at the end were the most spectacular of all the ceremonies, including the opening! Well done to the organisers as im sure their budget was not as high as the openings!

• Like 1

I'm watching now the final parts of the ceremony again on ZDF, due to the time delay there. And the "changing perspectives" story Philip Craven told at the end of his speech was really great - about the five-year-old boy who read a book about pirates together with his mother a few days ago. And his mother showed him a picture of a man with a wooden leg, an eye patch and a parrot on his shoulder and asked him who that man was. And the boy answered, "Well, he only has one leg. He must be an athlete!"

I also think it was touching what Channel 4 did with that "Superhumans" theme. They even reported about it on German television. This could really change perspectives - and apparently already has done so for that five-year-old boy. It would be great if that were the legacy of these Paralympics - maybe also outside the UK.

Lucky you. ;) What are your tasks there?

Checking the rooms and making sure the athletes haven't damaged the walls, doors, furniture ect... - Then charging them for the damage, mwhaha!

"I've hope you've enjoyed London 2012 - now...cash or card?"

• Like 2

Checking the rooms and making sure the athletes haven't damaged the walls, doors, furniture ect... - Then charging them for the damage, mwhaha!

"I've hope you've enjoyed London 2012 - now...cash or card?"

:D

I hope you enjoyed your work - you volunteers were really amazing, and I hope you get every recognition you deserve also after the Games.

Sign in to follow this