Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

125th IOC Session

Danny, get over it. Stop being so silly. It's nature and their being Argentinians has nothing to do with it. GROW UP, Danny!! It's getting tiring.

Sorry, Baron... You didn't get my point.

Buenos Aires suffer of a big problem with its infra structure, daily basis protests and other things you guys are commenting and I told it before.

I'm not here to add a soccer-rivalry to the discussion. I didn't even watch the show. But I told it before. Argentina is not living its better days and events there had problems lately - as pointed by Ikarus if you think I'm biased... - THAT'S A FACT, NOT A WISH FROM ME.

With all respect, I'm getting tired too of you asking me to grow up over and over... You're not my father, stop giving me orders. You are a colleague I like to read and have highest steem, don't change my mind about you, please.

Edited by DannyelBrazil

Just finishing the Argentine session discussion on this thread.

I want to make it clear. I didn't watch the show and actually I didn't find any bad news about it on the Internet. I'm totally goind on what I read here.

That's it.

IOC Session votes on Executive Board positions

Rogge_BG.jpg
©IOC/Jason Evans

10/09/2013

A few hours after electing Thomas Bach as the new IOC President, the 125th IOC Session reconvened to nominate Jacques Rogge as IOC Honorary President and to fill two vacancies on the 15-member IOC Executive Board.

Anita L. DeFrantz will succeed John Coates, who was elected as a new Vice-President, a slot left vacant by Ser Miang Ng, whose term of office came to an end today.

The Executive Board, founded in 1921, consists of the IOC President, four Vice-Presidents and ten other members. Members of the Executive Board are elected by the Session, by secret ballot, for a four-year term.

IOC

The (nice) tribute video that was shown yesterday after the closing speech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBlXy_NcFRA

"Jacques, if you are watching this...then you know that I voted you out. I never did like the way you ate all the peanut butter in the house.

So you are now an evicted house guest -- and I am not!!" ;)

The 125th IOC session Summary

From 7 to 10 September, IOC President Jacques Rogge chaired his final Session in Buenos Aires (Argentina) before bringing an end to his 12-year tenure.

On the first day of the 125th Session, the IOC members elected the host city of the Games of the XXXII Olympiad. The city of Tokyo was chosen over the other two Candidate Cities, Istanbul and Madrid, after two rounds of voting.

The following day, the Session began with the presentation of the gold Olympic Order to King Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, who was named an IOC honorary member.

The Session then turned its attention to the Olympic programme for the 2020 Games. The IOC members chose the 25 sports that will form the core of the 2020 Games programme. Another important decision was taken that day, when wrestling was chosen as an additional sport for the programme of the 2020 and 2024 Olympic Summer Games.

On 9 September, it was the turn of the Organising Committees of the Olympic Games to submit their reports to the Session. The IOC members therefore noted the final report of the London 2012 Organising Committee (LOCOG), followed by reports on the state of preparations for Sochi 2014, Rio 2016 and PyeongChang 2018. The Organising Committees of the Youth Olympic Games to be held in Nanjing in 2014 and in Lillehammer in 2016 also presented their reports to the Session.

On 10 September, the 125th IOC Session elected Thomas Bach as the ninth IOC President after two rounds of voting. He saw off his fellow presidential candidates (in alphabetical order) Sergey Bubka, Richard Carrión, Ser Miang Ng, Denis Oswald and Ching-Kuo Wu.

The Session nominated the outgoing President, Jacques Rogge, as IOC Honorary President and saw him receive the gold Olympic Order from his successor as IOC President.

Also on 10 September, the Session elected nine new members: Octavian Morariu (Romania), Bernard Rajzman (Brazil), Mikaela Maria Antonia Cojuangco-Jaworski (Philippines), Alexander Zhukov (Russia), Paul Kibii Tergat (Kenya), Lawrence Probst III (United States), Dagmawit Girmay Berhane (Ethiopia), Camiel Eurlings (Netherlands) and Stefan Holm (Sweden).

As far as the IOC Executive Board is concerned, Anita L. DeFrantz succeeds John Coates, who was himself elected Vice-President in place of Ser Miang Ng, whose term had come to an end.

Meanwhile, Richard Kevan Gosper and Lamine Diack will become IOC honorary members on 1 January 2014. Habib Macki’s term as an IOC member will end on 31 December 2013. The Olympic Order, which Lamine Diack had already received in 1990, was awarded to Richard Kevan Gosper and Habib Macki..

IOC