Sign in to follow this  
gotosy

125th IOC Session

That awkward moment when the Madrid delegation asks the consierge if they can pay with a combination of exhausted credit cards, cash and a roster of hotel dish washing duties. May the austere Games begin!

hahahaha, the funny fact is the Argentines would accept it!

May the decade-long-crisis-country IOC session begin!

According to the Olympic Charter, only the IOC Session can decide the sports that are part of the Olympic Programme.

Therefore the core of 25 sports selected by the EB in February needs to be approved by the Session. In theory, it is possible for the Session to reject the core of 25 sports proposed by the EB. This means that the Session would need first to select a new core of 25 sports and then to elect a potential 28th sport among Base-Ball/Softball, Squash and the one excluded from the new core decided by the Session.

The most likely scenario though is for the Session to approve the proposed core and then vote between Baseball/Softball, Squash and Wrestling.

Interesting, but badly organized. Wrestling, squash and baseball/softball are scheduled to make their presentations just minutes after the core sports vote. If the IOC decided to exclude a sport other than wrestling, it would be at a disadvantage as its IF wouldn't have even prepared a presentation...

Hilton Buenos Aires - Sunday 1 September

BTE65AbCMAAc_Bh.jpg

hiltonlobby.jpg

Here we go, final lap! I still get the feeling the race is still up for grabs, and many votes will still be decided after the final presentations. And to all GB members who have made it to Argentina, happy travels!

That awkward moment when the Madrid delegation asks the consierge if they can pay with a combination of exhausted credit cards, cash and a roster of hotel dish washing duties. May the austere Games begin!

Lmfao! :lol:

And then you complain about the aggressiveness of the Spanish in this forum .

Runningrings, Did you not realize how offensive you are? . if someone feels humiliated then reacts more aggresively.

It's a very dirty campaign in this forum and all of us have contributed more or less.

I hope Madrid wins, but Istanbul and Tokyo are also fantastic cities.

Maybe is time we lower the tension . it's getting nasty .

• Like 1

Yeah, sure.

Madrid gdp per capita 30.000$

Istanbul gdp per capita 9.000$

Yeah, sure.

Madrid gdp per capita 30.000$

Istanbul gdp per capita 9.000$

Madrid GDP per capita: US$ 30.000

Rio GDP per capita: US$ 11.700

This is so irrelevant...

I don't understand. When runningrings says so is funny, but when I say so is irrelevant? Twice? Really?

Stereotypes jokes. Spain is in serious economy crisis.

It would be also funny if someone cast a joke with protests from Turkey delegation, since Turkey held big protests lately.

Or to say Tokyo delegation is in a different building to avoid radioactive leaks from their personnel...

It's not easy to Latins to understand English-spearkers humour at first glance... In 4 years or so, you'll get there...

Take it easy. If you have been here when Rio bidded, you'd be happy now, GB posters have been so nice to Madrid about jokes...

Edited by DannyelBrazil

^Ya. Baron made a joke about Tokyo a couple pages back too so it's not just Madrid.

02/09/2013

September promises to be an important month in the history of the Olympic Movement, with three key decisions scheduled to be made during the 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina, over the next few days. The full IOC membership is set to elect the host city for the 2020 Olympic Games on 7 September, decide on the composition of the 2020 Olympic programme the following day, and elect the next IOC President on 10 September.

The Session will be streamed live on www.olympic.org

IOC

• Like 1

I've never actively tuned into one of these before - how much earlier is a first round elimination announced? What time should I commence watching to avoid missing vital moments?

I've never actively tuned into one of these before - how much earlier is a first round elimination announced? What time should I commence watching to avoid missing vital moments?

Within 2 minutes or so after the last vote is cast, becuz they have to move on to the next round.

I worked out the other day that the actual announcement ceremony is about 6am Sunday morning our time in Sydney. That would make the voting about 4:45am (and the presentations are from about 10pm Saturday night onwards).

I think (but someone can correct me if wrong) that the 2016 vote was the first we got footage from within the vote itself (which made the Chicago elimination inn round one all the more dramatic). Hope they do it again.

Not sure if I'll pull the all-nighter, but I might get up early for the vote and the announcement, and to catch up on the GBidders' reviews of the presentations.

So the vote & announcement will run from around 15:30 to 17:00 UK time roughly?

The vote: 19:45 to 20:00 British Summer Time.

during the vote we will know the first city to be eliminated after the first round as Sir Rols mentioned.

The announcement: 21:00 - 21:30 BST.

• Like 1

The vote: 19:45 to 20:00 British Summer Time.

during the vote we will know the first city to be eliminated after the first round as Sir Rols mentioned.

The announcement: 21:00 - 21:30 BST.

^^This if no blackout happens... :D:P;) Edited by DannyelBrazil
  • Like 1

I'm glad I don't need to stay 10 hours+ seated in these cheap chairs...

• Like 1

Will the " we only give one continent the favors one at a time" factor work this time around -- i.e., if it looks like Thomas Bach has the presidency locked up; therefore the IOC will NOT give the big prize, 2020, to Europe? I don't think the IOC has broken that mold. Anyone has proof otherwise??

Will the " we only give one continent the favors one at a time" factor work this time around -- i.e., if it looks like Thomas Bach has the presidency locked up; therefore the IOC will NOT give the big prize, 2020, to Europe? I don't think the IOC has broken that mold. Anyone has proof otherwise??

the IOC president poll on Inside the Rings has 2 people ahead of Bubka and Wu far ahead of Bach. Of course any monkey can vote in that poll if they have a finger.