125th IOC Session

gotosy

The 125th IOC Session will take place in Buenos Aires (ARG) in exactly one year`s time on the 7-10 september 2013

The International Olympic Committee will meet to elect the host city of the 2020 Olympic Games, the new IOC president and will consider adding new sports for the 2020 Olympics

867519228d1d5325856fc61d710ded0e_XL.jpg

came across this image at Argentine NOCweb site, is it a official emblem of the Buenos Aires Session?

COARG.png

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder how fired up this place will be this time next year. Somehow I don't see Tokyo V Istanbul V Madrid sparking the same kind of heat and fireworks than past bid campaign climaxes -except for the US and Candian (and other posters) who'll have their eye on implications for 2024..

I wonder how fired up this place will be this time next year. Somehow I don't see Tokyo V Istanbul V Madrid sparking the same kind of heat and fireworks than past bid campaign climaxes -except for the US and Candian (and other posters) who'll have their eye on implications for 2024..

I only remember one race here on GB being quiet, and that was for 2014. I recall every other race was heated in the months prior to the vote. There is still time for battles to emerge. The battles for 2018 didn't get going until 6 months before the race, and then it just got nasty.

Well I will do my part on behave of Tokyo, and dedicate my efforts to puppy.

Though I try to refain from nasty. Unless a twat appears and than all bets are off.

I think the 2014 race was so quite because we all generally had the race pegged and were all very subborn about it. It was actually a very painful race, knowing the Austrian's were running headlong into a brick wall, but I guess it was better than the blind-sided brickwall that was placed in Chicago.

I wasn't here for any bid races but even I thought the discussions have been not frequent although the shortlist kept us entertained for about a month.

Can't believe shortlist of 2018 YOG February next year! 5 months! and then 10 months from now til host city announced.

Feels like yesterday Doha and Baku went bye bye or Rome pulled out! That was 7 months ago! Time does fly!

I completly forgot about that sculpture in Buenos Aires. The logo is simple but it works. At least is not a copyright violation like the Copenhagen 2009 session logo :lol:

s789-20090929_IOC_session_logo.large.prod_affiliate.91.jpg

Logo-Frigo.jpg

Anyway, this race won't be that exciting like the 2009 one but I'll still follow it to see if the olympics reach a new frontier a la Rio or if they return to Asia (in my mind Madrid is a lost cause but to each one his/her own)

I've been to the flower, for such a big city it really does have a stunning lack of landmarks. The Caminito doesn't really fit at all, they couldn't choose the Bombonera, the Obelisco looks just like another twenty city's versions, and you can't really base a logo on a cemetery.

I'd have just gone with the sun from the Argentinean flag, unaltered, with a nouveau-classical font underneath.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really cheering for a regular-ordinary event in Buenos Aires.

The country is suffering with tons of riots in the streets everyday protesting in favour or against the government, the media, the Great Britian, the West... And rampant inflation (more than 22%) is not helping to calm down people.

Now the crazy Argentine president is not allowing Argentines to buy dollars, only under governemnt authorization, this is leading to some social tension since Argentines are the people in the world more used to use US dollars in a daily basis after Americans themselves.

Anyway, hoping calm days for the session in Buenos Aires...

Without protests strikes in transportation and all mess that always happens when they receive some International event...

PS: I'm really cheering for better days in Argentina, specially because now it's getting impossible to visit BA, due the economic mess in prices they are living.

• 7 months later...

Information for the media – Programme

Château de Vidy, 1007 Lausanne, Switzerland | Tel +41 21 621 6111 | Fax +41 21 621 6356 | www.olympic.org

IOC Executive Board meeting and 125th IOC Session in Buenos Aires, Argentina - Programme of Events

Please note that all times are local and are subject to change.

Wednesday 4 September 2013

Time Meetings/Events Place

9 a.m. – 1 p.m. IOC Executive Board meeting Hilton Hotel

3 – 6 p.m. IOC Executive Board meeting Hilton Hotel

6.30 p.m. IOC Press Briefing Hilton Hotel

Thursday 5 September 2013

9 a.m. – 1 p.m. IOC Executive Board meeting Hilton Hotel

3 – 6 p.m. IOC Executive Board meeting Hilton Hotel

6.30 p.m. IOC President’s Press Conference Hilton Hotel

Friday 6 September 2013

7 - 9 p.m. Opening Ceremony of the 125th IOC Session (by invitation only) Teatro Colon

Saturday 7 September 2013

8.45 – 9 a.m. President’s opening remarks - followed by the presentations of the 2020 Candidate Cities Hilton Hotel

9 – 10.10 a.m. Presentation by Istanbul, Turkey – 45 minute presentation followed by Q&A Hilton Hotel

10.10 – 10.30 a.m. Break

10.25 a.m. Press conference by Istanbul, Turkey Hilton Hotel

10.30 – 11.40 a.m. Presentation by Tokyo, Japan – 45 minute presentation followed by Q&A Hilton Hotel

11.40 a.m. – 12 p.m. Break

11.55 a.m. Press conference by Tokyo, Japan Hilton Hotel

12 – 1.10 p.m. Presentation by Madrid, Spain – 45 minute presentation followed by Q&A Hilton Hotel

1.15 – 2.45 p.m. Lunch

1.25 p.m. Press conference by Madrid, Spain Hilton Hotel

3 – 3.30 p.m. Report by the IOC 2020 Evaluation Commission Hilton Hotel

3.30 – 3.45 p.m. Test Vote Hilton Hotel

3.45 – 4 p.m. Vote and election of the host city for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad in 2020 Hilton Hotel

5 – 5.30 p.m. Announcement ceremony of the Hilton Hotel host city for the Games of the XXXII Olympiad in

6.30 – 7 p.m. Signature of the Host City Contract and joint IOC/host city press conference Hilton Hotel

Sunday 8 September 2013

9 a.m. – 1 p.m. 125th IOC Session Hilton Hotel

9 a.m. - TBD Presentation by Candidate Sports Hilton Hotel

TBD Report by the IOC Olympic Programme Commission Hilton Hotel

TBD Vote on the 25 core sports Hilton Hotel

TBD Vote on the possible inclusion of a new sport Hilton Hotel

3 – 6 p.m. 125th

IOC Session Hilton Hotel

Monday 9 September 2013

9 a.m. – 1 p.m. 125th

IOC Session Hilton Hotel

3 – 6 p.m. 125th

IOC Session Hilton Hotel

Tuesday 10 September 2013

9 a.m. – 1 p.m. 125th

IOC Session Hilton Hotel

11 a.m. Election of the IOC President Hilton Hotel

12.30 p.m.

Announcement Ceremony of the new IOC President Hilton Hotel

3 – 6 p.m. 125th

IOC Session Hilton Hotel

6.30 p.m. IOC President’s Press Conference Hilton Hotel

http://www.olympic.org/news/ioc-executive-board-meeting-and-125th-ioc-session-in-buenos-aires-argentina-information-for-the-media/195974

Archived