Sign in to follow this  
Rockara

will there be any mention of k-pop in the ceremonies for 2018

i mean the 2018 winter olympics are taking place in pyeongchang in south korea. so do you think in the opening or closing ceremonies there will be a mention of k-pop, since it has been on a rise recently?

it could be very smart if they do a tribute to korean pop music in the ceremonies like what london 2012 did. only problem here is these are the winter games, so it might be impossible to some extent. what do you think?

Jeez, that's 6 years, one more Winter and one more Summer Games away, and you're already trying to forecast little details like this? :blink: U surely have a lot of time on your hands.

We might see a K-Pop group performing at the handover in Sochi, since there was already one at the handover of the Asian Games two years ago. Although I would prefer a display of korean culture rather than watching an army of androgynous people who want to be the next Backstreet Boys. (?)

We might see a K-Pop group performing at the handover in Sochi, since there was already one at the handover of the Asian Games two years ago. Although I would prefer a display of korean culture rather than watching an army of androgynous people who want to be the next Backstreet Boys. (?)

If all the StarCraft I've watched thought me anything it's that K-Pop groups tend to be barely legal girls chosen for their looks above their singing abilities.

If POCOG wants something the world will know, this song has been playing in Toronto radio stations the past month!

I like to know about K pop culture. I'm interested about this. Can you tell me more about this?

The guy was in SNL last Saturday.

I like to know about K pop culture. I'm interested about this. Can you tell me more about this?

oh sorry I meant to say k pop group

hey if POGOC want to use kpop in their ceremonies of course they will use songs from 2017 or early 2018 no way they will use songs berfore 2017!!!

If POCOG wants something the world will know, this song has been playing in Toronto radio stations the past month!

'Gangnam Style' sensation Psy to perform at the Korean Grand Prix

Gangnam Style' sensation Psy is to perform at the Korean Grand Prix, after being announced as an ambassador for the event.

The Korean, whose music video hit has attracted

on YouTube and has set a world record as the most-liked ever on the video sharing site, will perform after the race on October 14.

His signing is a big coup for the Korean GP organizers, who will be hoping that his presence at the event will help attract a bigger crowd on race day.

Speaking about his plans, Psy said: "I look forward to bringing Gangnam Style to the glamorous world of F1, and welcome everyone to Korea for this great race."

Psy famously taught his trademark dance move to Britney Spears recentlyand his 'Gangnam Style' song has prompted numerous tribute videos since it was released earlier this year.

http://www.autosport...e.php/id/102903

I think we'll see some high-camp K-Pop at either the handover in 2014 or at the 2018 Opening or Closing (more likely the latter).

K-Pop might be a welcome relief in 2014 from the inevitable serious tenor of Sochi 2014.

I've seen the video on you tube but I'm hoping he will perform in the opening ceremony.

In 2018 maybe Gangnam style will not be that popular as now, so I guess they might hire him for the Sochi 2014 closing ceremony (just like they hired Rain for the Incheon 2014 handover)

The Sochi-Pyongchang handover would be a good time to go K-Pop and have spectators and the athletes get out of their seats and make it look like a club after the seriousness of the high culture abounding for Sochi. I'm thinking they would like to have best known artists for it like Rain, BoA, PSY, hell, even Girls Generation and 2NE1.