Theme song realeased - Olympic Deities are coming to town

Yes, that's why I said "Theme song" not official song...

But the song was made by TV Globo and Rio City Hall.

http://www.brainstorm9.com.br/31114/musica/can/

http://www1.folha.uol.com.br/esporte/1136456-rio-lanca-clipe-com-cancao-tema-da-olimpiada-de-2016-veja.shtml

Thank God the organizing committee dismissed any association with this video and song.

I liked the video.

It shows Rio in a nice way.

And before you come complain about the drunk guy, as thousands in Brazil are complaining.

Dyonisus/Bacchus (to the Romans) was the deity of parties, of ritual madness, ectasy and he was depicted as an overweight drunkard man.

Sometimes, I feel really disappointed with some Brazilians complaining about everything in the internet...

Yes, Dannyel, I do study mythology at University and Dyonisius is not even the one greek deity who has all the fun, so I won't complain about it and you don't need to be defensive. I'm Brazilian, remember? -_- I just disliked the video and the music, that's all.

Rio 2016 official videos and soundtracks are prime quality so far.

Nossa! Let me try my spanglishguese...

You being aussie may like to know that "Oi" is the we say "Hi" in portuguese.

Yes, Dannyel, I do study mythology at University and Dyonisius is not even the one greek deity who has all the fun, so I won't complain about it and you don't need to be defensive. I'm Brazilian, remember? -_- I just disliked the video and the music, that's all.

Rio 2016 official videos and soundtracks are prime quality so far.

WOW! Mythology? What course are you attending?

Hmmm... I'm defensive! :angry:;):P

About the official videos, that's is true! Indeed, we witnessed how people changed their mood about Rio here in GB due the videos.

But this "deities" one is just Ok... Very commercial jingle, good to fit TV breaks... Nothing else.

Portuguese language and literatures. We go way back to Ancient Greece and Rome... and ZERO on Native American culture. Kudos for the handover for introducing Iemanjá to the world. A little about Tupã, Iara and everybody else in the ceremonies, if done in an elegant way, will be very original. And let's not forget Boitatá, the Fire Snake rising from the rivers, is potentially cauldron lighting material.

Portuguese language and literatures. We go way back to Ancient Greece and Rome... and ZERO on Native American culture. Kudos for the handover for introducing Iemanjá to the world. A little about Tupã, Iara and everybody else in the ceremonies, if done in an elegant way, will be very original. And let's not forget Boitatá, the Fire Snake rising from the rivers, is potentially cauldron lighting material.

There are a lot of thins to explore...

But, in general, I see two ways to create the ceremonies concept:

- using cliches, steriotypes, local pop references (London)

- going deep in the theme/local history (Beijing)

What will Rio do?

poseidon apollon.... i dont like it that much... cita meravoliosa (?) was better :)

I think I understand why you don't like, but, it's about Olympic tradition, and this is very carioca humour.

The music you like is called "Cidade Maravilhosa" and is the anthem of the city of Rio de Janeiro.

This is a rendition made by Caetano Veloso for Cidade Maravilhosa

Taken from a political ad, but it's still great...

;)

Archived