Tulsa To Bid For A Future Olympic Games

GBModerator

Atlanta won 1996 because the IOC didn't quite have the faith in Athens to pull it off. It was all about surviving the first couple of rounds. Athens, Toronto, Melbourne and Atlanta were all really close to each other in that second round and I'd say the last three were pretty much on even ground (New World cities against ancient Athens). A couple of votes swinging in one direction or the other could have put the Games in Canada or Australia. But the US hosted successful Games in Los Angeles, and that among other things, helped push the momentum toward Atlanta.

As for Tulsa. It isn't even the premier city in Oklahoma. How could it ever hope to beat out the international competition? Did we celebrate Lille 2004? Seville 2008? Leipzig 2012? They always point to Atlanta as their precedent, but the real precedents are that the big name cities win.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just can't believe that we're still talking about fricken Tulsa. At this point, it has to be taken into account that these buffoons over there R just doing this for PR stunts. If they're not, then they R the biggest mental midgets in the world.

I agree with you but..... "biggest mental midgets"? Hmmm.

I agree with you but..... "biggest mental midgets"? Hmmm.

How else should refer to people that just do C reasoning N logic. These people over there in Tulsa have no clue whatsoever as to what this all entails. They're simply going by the "precedent of Atlanta". Which even for them, is a wide, wide stretch.

I just can't believe that we're still talking about fricken Tulsa. At this point, it has to be taken into account that these buffoons over there R just doing this for PR stunts. If they're not, then they R the biggest mental midgets in the world.

Hmm, maybe the Tulsa folks know exactly what they're doing? The free PR ain't too shabby.

How else should refer to people that just do C reasoning N logic. These people over there in Tulsa have no clue whatsoever as to what this all entails. They're simply going by the "precedent of Atlanta". Which even for them, is a wide, wide stretch.

Ok, I'll try again: "BIGGEST mental MIDGETS." Aren't midgets small? I just found it amusing. Never mind.

Hmm, maybe the Tulsa folks know exactly what they're doing? The free PR ain't too shabby.

It honestly makes some sense when you look at it from that standpoint. I can't imagine these guys actually believe they could bring an Olympics to Tulsa. If they do, they are clearly delusional and do in fact belong in a mental institution. I mean, if no other city in the world wanted to host the Olympics, Tulsa still probably wouldn't get it. Can't believe we still have to read about them. Wish they'd do the folks on this board a big favor and just go away.

Sorry, I missed the humor in that one. I'm on my iPhone N sometimes just speed read through the post. As ironic as biggest midgets R.

I guess that explains Y U decide to forgo proper grammar and spelling on multiple words, such as R U Y N C.

Oh wait, no it doesn't.

TYPE OUT YOUR WORDS!!!

"U've" got a lot of nerve for only being here a month. I'm getting really tired of some people being so petty here. Who gives A flying crap! It's just a fricken messaging board. It's not like we're all working for a business here or writing a school paper to be so nit-picky on how people type on these boards.

Heck, London 2012 did a WHOLE skit on texting short-hand! Go "F'n" figure. So it's not the end of world. Take a chill pill. I'm sure that "u" have some idiosyncrasies that people don't like about u. We all have them. So if I want to type my A, B,C, U, Y N & C's, then I will! Who R u to tell me otherwise. :P

*"N" in their Opening Ceremony.

"U've" got a lot of nerve for only being here a month. I'm getting really tired of some people being so petty here. Who gives A flying crap! It's just a fricken messaging board. It's not like we're all working for a business here or writing a school paper to be so nit-picky on how people type on these boards.

Heck, London 2012 did a WHOLE skit on texting short-hand! Go "F'n" figure. So it's not the end of world. Take a chill pill. I'm sure that "u" have some idiosyncrasies that people don't like about u. We all have them. So if I want to type my A, B,C, U, Y N & C's, then I will! Who R u to tell me otherwise. :P

*"N" in their Opening Ceremony.

then go for it but the fact is i don't know what this A B C U Y N C so far it just a letter so give me a meaning translate it than i will keep it in my mind....

So in that sense, no one really has the right to ask you to type proper like the rest of us because you've been doing it since Oct 25, 2000...

It's like asking krow to type with capitals. I don't think I've ever seen him do it... it would disrupt the whole social order here...

So in that sense, no one really has the right to ask you to type proper like the rest of us because you've been doing it since Oct 25, 2000...

It's like asking krow to type with capitals. I don't think I've ever seen him do it... it would disrupt the whole social order here...

Lmfao - 'N' who's also the one that types with no punctuations whatsoever. His posts 'R' like one big roll, LOL!

(In seriousness, though, I remember the days when you actually did type proper!)

Well, I was gonna say, I wasn't doing it way back then. It's prob been within the last year when I finally gave in N got a smartphone like the other 99.9% of the population, lol.

Archived