Sign in to follow this  
Kenadian

THANK YOU, LONDON!

London, you did amazing. Truly the best time I have ever had watching an Olympics on TV.

As to everyone here, it was a pleasure conversing with you during the games. Can't wait to do it again in two years, and all the way in between.

• Like 1

London, you did amazing. Truly the best time I have ever had watching an Olympics on TV.

Same here! Probably the most enjoyable Olympic two weeks I've experienced in my life!

Congratulations London, on a job well done!

• Like 2

Well done London. You have done an amazing job as hosts! Even the weather was pretty good in the end.

This will be one Olympics that I will remember for a long time ago and in my opinion was better than the games in Athens and Beijing.

I am so glad I took two weeks off work to sit up all night and watch the games. Although I am feeling it today being back to work. Certainly feeling sad and a bit flat that the games are over. But stoked with the Kiwi performance at the games.

Rio has big shoes to fill... I wish them every success!

Thanks London! Awesome games... Perhaps they weren't too spectacular, but I think that for 14 millions of people (if you know what I mean)... These were the best olympics ever!

Yes, thank you for a brilliant Games! A special thanks to all the British Gamesbidders as well... I won't mention names because I wouldn't want to mention some but leave others out by mistake- but we enjoyed having you around here, and we hope you all stick around.

Amazing games, amazing closing ceremony can't wait for Rio! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Only 1400 odd days to go! :)

Absolutely Well Done London!!!! I too am also sad, woke up at 5 this morning to watch the closing ceremony. I couldn't imagine anywhere else hosting. If I wasn't Australian, I would be British... :)

Thank you London! Thank you very much! Amazing city! Amazing Games of Wonder!!!!!! The best days i ever had!!!!

And thank you Games Bids Forum!!!

Obrigado!!

Vemo-nos no Rio´2016!

Way to go LONDON! You did everything you promised to do.

Now it's on to Sochi, then Riooooooooooooo!

Thank you London, although this olympic is the worst olympic achievement for my country, yet I enjoy the games, the race between China and USA till the end, how Korea could hold the 4th position for about 3 weeks... how youtube deliver the games 'live' :), amazing Murray... how the fun for tom daley when he got the bronze, while qiu bo is cried when he only got the silver., the footbll match for japan - korea, also mexico - brazil...Fantastic opening ceremony, I couldn't watch the closing since it's too late in my timezone... but anyway, this is the 1st experience for me to feel the olympic games in full. at 2008, my internet connection is just too slow to wacth any stream, so i just depend on national TV. so london is really amazing -yet i still don't like the logo until the end of the games-

So BBC News just ran a segment where they had reporters in Paris, Berlin and Washington.

Each reporter talked about how each countries newspapers had reported on London 2012.

Firstly Paris, and the reporter used the phrase 'sour-grapes' a lot. Clearly losing the bid in 2005 annoyed them a lot and they focused upon how the British were favoured in some sports and a few other things. The word jealousy comes to mind.

Berlin and Germany as a whole seems to have really loved the games, with the reporter highlighting how they have marvelled at the fantastic audiences and how they have enjoyed the British humour.

And from Washington it seems that the press have focused mainly on the USA success in topping the medal table however also mentioned that London 2012 has been very much enjoyed and also mentioned the big impact of females during the games.

Sign in to follow this