Rio 2016 Olympic Cauldron

3 minutes ago, Anthony Howe said:

It's really great to see everyone's creativity and their willingness to share their ideas no matter how relevant. Keep up the good work!

Thanks!

It's really great to see you and Buddy take the time out to engage with us Olympic and cauldron nuts! On behalf of all of us, thanks and appreciation. I think you've won some more fans. 

• Like 1

So, was Ms. de Castro meant to get drenched in the moment?  So, she was singing a slow "Singing in the Rain" number in Portuguese?  Glad she wasn't electrocuted with a "live" myke.  

(BTW, if there is a Portugal, how come there is no Portuguy?   And if there are Portuguese, is there a Portugoose?   :blink: )

Edited by baron-pierreIV

There's a fantastic documentary on the production of the Ceremonies on the Olympic Channel: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/viva/

Unfortunately this content is not viewable in the USA and gives an error when the ubiquitous arrow is clicked.

Does everyone else have this problem in the USA?

Has NBC decided this content is not appropriate for US viewers?

If so it's such an incredible shame since so many people, thousands really, gave freely of their energies and they deserve to be acknowledged.

Thanks!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anthony Howe said:

There's a fantastic documentary on the production of the Ceremonies on the Olympic Channel: https://www.olympicchannel.com/en/playback/viva/

Unfortunately this content is not viewable in the USA and gives an error when the ubiquitous arrow is clicked.

Does everyone else have this problem in the USA?

Has NBC decided this content is not appropriate for US viewers?

If so it's such an incredible shame since so many people, thousands really, gave freely of their energies and they deserve to be acknowledged.

Thanks!

It might be copyright issues causing this, Anthony.  

1 hour ago, Buddy_LeChat said:

Thanks, Buddy.  The piece would be appreciated by more people if English/French subtitles were added.  Right now, it just has more context for Bra-Portuguese speakers.  How odd that the Olympic Channel released it in that state..  

14 minutes ago, baron-pierreIV said:

Thanks, Buddy.  The piece would be appreciated by more people if English/French subtitles were added.  Right now, it just has more context for Bra-Portuguese speakers.  How odd that the Olympic Channel released it in that state..  

As received in the UK, the "Original version" closed captioning is in English, with "Portuguese" CC as an alternative.

My beef is that the streaming is very subject to buffering where I am, unlike YouTube etc.

16 minutes ago, JMarkSnow2012 said:

As received in the UK, the "Original version" closed captioning is in English, with "Portuguese" CC as an alternative.

My beef is that the streaming is very subject to buffering where I am, unlike YouTube etc.

Is it buffering in your desktop or on the app? I've been testing it in my laptop but the buffering is so bad..